SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Sage Expert

Yet another stutter thread.

My client seems to have developed a serious stutter only on 1080i material from my HDHR. And seemingly not all 1080i from the HDHR.

I am completely out of ideas. This started on my old Win-7 32-bit client. So I figured it was time to nuke and pave. I installed Win-7 64-bit. The latest Java. TMT3 (don't have anything newer currently). Then Sage. That's it. Fired it up and lo and behold, same stutter.

The same files play perfectly in WMP and using Graphstudio with the default graph that loads with the files. But in Sage, stutter city.

I am not 100%, but I think this started sometime after I installed the HDHR. At first I thought it was just low signal. But then I checked the files outside of Sage. So is this an issue with the way the HDHR records?

Can anyone point me in a direction?
Old 02-11-2014, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
My client seems to have developed a serious stutter only on 1080i material from my HDHR. And seemingly not all 1080i from the HDHR.

I am completely out of ideas. This started on my old Win-7 32-bit client. So I figured it was time to nuke and pave. I installed Win-7 64-bit. The latest Java. TMT3 (don't have anything newer currently). Then Sage. That's it. Fired it up and lo and behold, same stutter.

The same files play perfectly in WMP and using Graphstudio with the default graph that loads with the files. But in Sage, stutter city.

I am not 100%, but I think this started sometime after I installed the HDHR. At first I thought it was just low signal. But then I checked the files outside of Sage. So is this an issue with the way the HDHR records?

Can anyone point me in a direction?
Have you tried the LAV Filters? on your client? If you do decide to try them make sure you set hardware acceleration in the filters config. Then set Sage to use the filters.
https://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-11-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Sage Expert

I did and it didn't change anything. I could very well not have set them up correctly though.

Interestingly, I just noticed that on my bench, using DVI, It seems to play fine. But when I hook it back up to my TV it stutters. It is an Older nVidia 9500GT using Component outs. My TV is quite old now and doesn't have HDMI or DVI. So the only HD choice I have is 1080i via component.

So that means, only via component via nVidia 9500GT.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Try them with Hardware acceleration you will have a drop down and it will tell you what kind of acceleration you can use with your card. Most likely DXVA2 with your card.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Make sure you are not low on disk space. Mine started studdering on some recordings but not others. I have 2 X 2TB drives in my system. All of the studdering recordings were on one drive and it was really low on disk space. I cleaned it up by deleting some recordings and that took care of it.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Sage Expert

Well, HA didn't help. Plenty of hard drive space.

The best I get is with Microsoft decoders using EVR. Outside of Sage, almost perfect. But I let it run a bit longer and noticed occasional stutters or jumps. But much worse in Sage.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
Well, HA didn't help. Plenty of hard drive space.

The best I get is with Microsoft decoders using EVR. Outside of Sage, almost perfect. But I let it run a bit longer and noticed occasional stutters or jumps. But much worse in Sage.
Did you try Overlay Instead of EVR..??? EVR is more cpu Intensive than Overlay.