SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Sage User

sagetv 7 pausing and repeating 3 times

I had my original tivo system totally die on me so I had to resort to al older backup system for now, the problem is when watching livetv or a recording it pauses and repeats it self, for instance........the show will play and then the video will pause and the audio repeats itself 3 times like, "hello me name is......name is.......name is........joe......", sometimes it plays good for a long time with no problem and sometimes it does this or worse as in repeat nonstop like so bad i need to exit the video and restart it........this system is a dell 4550, 2gigs of ram windows xp pro, pentium 4 - 1.8ghz, ati radeon 9600 128mb ram, hauppauge 350 and 2 hauppauge 150 cards 200gb hd for windows and the recordings drive is a 1tb sata drive, im almost wondering if its the sata, this old system didn't have any sata support so i had to put in a pci sata card to run it, is it possible the card cant keep up with the video ?

im out of ideas, i know its not the bast system for this but its all i have at the moment till i can afford an upgrade.....any tweeks maybe within sage would be appreciated.......

thank you !
Old 11-13-2013, 04:40 AM
SageTVaholic

The data rates involved in SD recordings are minimal at best, I doubt the sata controller is a problem. It could, however, be a HDD issue. Is this happening on all recordings? If so, to troubleshoot, you could set your recording folder to the system drive, and see if the systems persist. If they do not, than it points to some problem on the HDD end. If the problem remains, then it is not a HDD issue, and is likely something in the playback path.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Sage User

I happens randomly, sometimes it works flawlessly for a day and then it will do it again without warning, I also have an external drive with videos saved on it and it does it to that drive as well........yesterday I adjusted the java heap size because I noticed it was sat at 0 so I increased it to 400 and so far it is running smoothly, I will post if it skips again.

thank you
Old 11-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

It looks like you've got an older, slower PC and video card. Could it be that your CPU is periodically maxing out (perhaps when some background task or antivirus is running)?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 11-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Sage User

I thought about that also but I'm pretty sure this system is above the system requirements for sagetv unless i'm reading it wrong
http://download2.sagetv.com/requirem...tml?sageSub=tv

I do believe that by me increasing the java heap solved the problem, it has been running perfectly since..........

thank you
Old 11-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Sage User

the only thing now is when playing .mp3 music in sagetv the songs sometimes slightly pause and resume and when the song is over going into the next song it makes a screeching sound almost like static, just for a moment then the next song plays, I have the most current K-Lite Codec Pack installed.......I'm puzzled......

Anyone know a fix or an alternate music player for sage ?

Thank you
Old 11-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
the klite codecs always gave me issues. Id just install sagtv and nothung else. Then if you need a codec, just install the ones u need. The packs are bulky and change things you dont know about to get everything working. And since your using xp, its more than likely got all the updates itll ever get. So you can disable automatic updates. Thats probably what was causing your intermittent freeze-ups.