SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Custom channel tuning

Is it possible to specify a custom channel change for one particular channel? When changing to one particular channel on a STB using the USB-UIRT, I find that the STB is incapable of properly tuning the channel each time (even though the USB-UIRT is tuning it correctly), so I would like to follow the tuning with an additional couple of delayed misc. key strokes to ensure tuning - but only on this one channel.

Is this possible?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

I suppose you could create your own 'intermediate tuner' (program or script) that creates a delay for certain channels (or whatever logic you want) and then calls the normal tuner...

The only other thing I can think of is to run a program that listens to the IR in front, puts the delay in, then passes the keystrokes to sagetv...

But there is no out-of-the-box way to do that customization that I can think of...
Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't recall the terms exactly, but is there any way to alter the logical (?) channel number in this lineup, on this one channel, so that it still fetches EPG for the correct channel, but actually dials up whatever I wish when it sends the info to the USB-UIRT?
Old 06-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Sage Icon

there is a physical channel and a logical channel on the video source program guide... allows you to separate the channel physically tuned from the channel used on the guide.

how will that help you in this case?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't recall the difference between the two, but I was hoping that it might be capable of fetching EPG data based on the actual channel number, while using the other (my character designation) to actually send the channel change to the STB.

For example, I want EPG data based on actual STB channel 1004, but when it performs the channel change, it sends 1004****56 (or something to that effect) - maybe even throwing some pauses in.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 06-07-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

That works. Set physical to STB and logical to channel guide

But how does that give you a delay in tuning?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

That's what I was hoping to find out! A way to enter the channel number that will get sent to the STB with whatever characters and/or delay I want to send.

Right now, on one particular channel, after tuned by the USB-UIRT properly, the STB screen image says "Channel XXXX is not available right now, try again later," and it has a misc remote button that can be pressed to "try again". I'd like this automated so that Sage sends the channel number, a short delay, and then this misc remote button that seems to allow the STB to properly tune the channel. I have attempted to have this issue repaired multiple times by the company selling me the services, but they are clearly incapable of resolving the issue.

As it is, I'm missing all the Sage activity on this channel, not to mention, if I'm somewhere else in the house, I have to walk to the Sage computer and manually perform this last step to retry the channel (with that misc button).