SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Sage User

HD PVR won't get a custom channel line up

I have been playing around trying to get my new HD PVR to work with Sage and I'm getting close, but I have one major issue. When I go to add the HD PVR to the source list, it only lets me select the existing channel list. This list is used by my MyHD tuners, which have a different channel list than what the HD PVR should be. One time when going through and adding the list it asked me if I wanted to create a new list and copy the channels over, but I had to remove it and add the tuner again to work on some other problems and ever since then it will not ask me about which channel list I want. Is there a way to force it to use a new channel list?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Sage User

Can't answer your question. Hopefully one of the gurus will chime in.

Every time I change anything of significance, like adding a video source or mucking with a lineup, I make a backup of my entire install directory! It is not that big, and has saved my butt quite a few times.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Administrator

In v6.5, you will now always get the option to copy the lineup if you choose a lineup already used with another tuner; in v6.4, the question showed up when the physical input type is different for the tuners with the same lineup.

Also new in v6.5 is this: on the screen where you are asked whether to use Programming Guide Data (step 7 on p. 154 of the v6.5 PDF manual), you can choose to "Use or Copy" an existing lineup & you can then choose to copy it at that point.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the help, unfortunately I'm already at 6.5.8.203 and it doesn't give me the option at all for using new channel line ups. I tried removing the source and adding it back in, but it still does not let me copy the channel line up. I checked the manual like you said, and tried to follow the instructions:

Use or Copy an Existing Channel
Lineup for this Source – An existing
lineup already in use by another tuner
may be selected for use with this tuner,
or the lineup may be copied to a
separately configurable lineup for this
tuner. This selection will complete the
setup of this source.

but when I choose that it only gives me the option to select the existing lineups and if I select one of them it does not give me any options to copy. I tried right clicking to see if maybe there was a sub menu that would open up, but there does not appear to be one. Is there another step I'm missing that I need to follow to copy the channel line up?

-Zipper
Old 01-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Administrator

Check System Info (use Info command on Main Menu) and make sure the STV is SageTV3.xml, v6.5.8.0.

If it isn't the default STV for v6.5.8, then revert back to it -- easiest way is Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Revert to the default STV.

- ANdy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Sage User

Thanks that was it. I was using SageMC and once I switch back to the default it worked.

-Zipper