SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Customizing Menus

I've always been a bit irritated by how many clicks it takes to add a favorite. Specifically when searching - have to go into detailed information/record options/add favorite instead of that being the option that comes up on the first menu. Also in the 'TV Editorials' page - the menu that pops up has almost nothing on it, so 'Add Favorite' has plenty of room. Most of the time when I'm searching for something or browsing the editorials it's specifically to find new stuff to record...

Anyway - seems like the menu editing in Gemstone is just the main menu so it didn't look like I could add 'Add Favorite' to the popup menu. Am I missing something? Do I need to ad another plugin?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
I've always been a bit irritated by how many clicks it takes to add a favorite. Specifically when searching - have to go into detailed information/record options/add favorite instead of that being the option that comes up on the first menu. Also in the 'TV Editorials' page - the menu that pops up has almost nothing on it, so 'Add Favorite' has plenty of room. Most of the time when I'm searching for something or browsing the editorials it's specifically to find new stuff to record...

Anyway - seems like the menu editing in Gemstone is just the main menu so it didn't look like I could add 'Add Favorite' to the popup menu. Am I missing something? Do I need to ad another plugin?
No, you aren't missing anything. That is all the 'menu editing' does. It's just dealing with the navigation menu, not pop-up menus. Gemstone is basically a bunch of improvements/modifications on top of the main sage UI. As such, there are many areas of it that may seem they are a 'part' of gemstone, that are really just the default UI, using the new theme. The editorial page is one of them. i don't think anything is 'gemstoned' in that screen.

I'm not saying it couldn't be - but adding a favorite without an actual airing is harder to do. I don't think the TV Show Editorials is directly linked to the EPG, so all it could do in minimal button presses would be to add a keyword favorite. That is why when you DO choose the option to 'Record a Future Airing', it does a search to ask which airing you want to record.

I'd recommend you post up a request on the Gemstone Issue Tracker, and we'll try to look into what improvements can be made. At a very minimum, I can see a benefit to mapping the RECORD event to direct you to the record a future airing page. (Currently, pressing record in the editorials page does nothing).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room