SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Customizing Menus from the UI

First off, really awesome job here. Very easy to use. A couple of observations/suggestions.

Let’s say I create a menu item fragment for the Videos section. I build the fragment and place it in the userdata area for menus. Then I go into the UI customize area for this fragment so I can move its position. It puts it all the way at the bottom of the list and I want to move it up to near the top. So I start to move it up, but then it soon goes off the screen and out of view. The menu doesn’t scroll with the object as it moves. Then I have to exit the move screen, reposition the other menu and go back into the move screen.

While not a big deal it would be nice if as the object moved up the list the list scrolled with the object so one knows where it is.

The other thing.... Is there or would there be the possibility from these customization menus to toggle between the different views for a particular menu item? Like saying use the Wall mode or Banner flow etc. It would be nice to be able to change these on the fly. I suspect such a provision is probably coming regardless but I thought I would throw my vote in for it
Old 05-22-2011, 07:38 PM
SageTVaholic

There's a new release imminent that addresses the moving of menu items past a screen break.

I'm not sure what your second request is - but I think when we can add fragments from the UI it will probably meet that requirement - at least in a round about way if I understand you correctly.

313 also adds support for Banner and Grid flow as the default UMB, not particularly on topic but it occurred to me as I was typing here so there is bound to be a connection

btl.