SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Sage Expert

Program Guide Locking up while scrolling/paging

So I just got myself a brand spaking new SSD for my OS drive, meaning I had to re-install windows and of course Sage.

Previously I'd always stuck to the 7.0.* builds and never ventured into 7.1.* terrority.

After installing 7.1.9, with no plugins other than Google Weather, I noticed that the program guide automatically had channel logos. I don't like that so I found the option and turned it off.

However I have also noticed that whenever I'm paging through the guide, the cursor lands on a channel I haven't visited in a while, I get a really fast spinning circle of death for around 20-30 seconds.

It seems like it's looking up data / logos for the channel. This doesn't happen with every channel, just ones that I don't visit in the guide very often.

And also I have my Java Heap max set to 768MB so I know that's not the problem (I would go higher, since I have 12GB of RAM, but I don't think sage will let me go much higher than 1024 since it uses 32-bit java).

Anyone else have this problem / know a fix?
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Sage Expert

Also I should note. . .I still see the logos show up as a default image in the area where there would be a preview window. Again I don't like that. . .and I'm wondering if there is some way to shut that off in the properties file or menus? I have a sneaking suspicion that could be part of the problem.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 12-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
and your positive you don't have any other plugins installed
Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Sage Icon

Mine's (PG) been running a bit slow lately, but has locked up, just paused a while. But my server hasn't changed at all.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 12-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Sage Expert

Yeah I don't have any other plugins running besides Google Weather, 100% positive.

Over time, the issue seems to sort of go away b/c I have hit enough of the channels in the guide few that I don't see it happen, but clearly it seems to happen to me on 1st install.

Plus, I just don't like having the channel logs period. .. just personal preference.
Is there some way that I can disable them from showing up in the preview window area / info OSD? I seem to be able to only toggle them off on the guide, and I have a feeling the logos might be what's causing the issue.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

I've seen this when new fanart is downloaded but not cached yet, but since you don't have any plugins installed (e.g. Phoenix, Fanart), then that can't be the issue. Anything showing up in the logs which points to what it was trying to do? You should see a delay listed when it happens.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
SageTVaholic

It always shows the logos in the guide the only ones you can turn off are the ones by the channel name. The ones in the info section there is no way to turn them off. You have to live with them. No use beating your head against the wall. Unless you can get someone to create a plugin to suppress them.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Sage User

I recently upgrade from ver6 to ver7 and noticed the pausing when cycling thru the channel guide. I don't recall any pausing on ver6.

I also see pausing when cycling thru the recording schedule list. It always pauses when it hits a program recording. The pause last about 1-3 seconds per recording and no matter how many times I cycle thru it will always pause.

The pauses happen on both my clients but not on the server. I thought it might be a network issue but all my other systems are behaving normally.
Client2: Win7 Pro (64bit), Intel Quad Q9650 3.00GHz, 8G Ram, Test/Work/Gaming system.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the exact same problem. This is an existing install that has been running just fine. I have Java Heap set to 1024, just updated Java to latest (7.10), disabled all plug-ins, and when I roll over a freshly recorded program, I get the spinning circle. Sometimes it recovers after several minutes, sometimes it never stops spinning. When this occurs, I cannot successfully stop the Sage Service.

It appears to be trying to paint the preview picture. I even notice slight delays when I roll over older recordings. The preview doesn't pop up immediately.

I've looked at all W7 performance monitor screens - CPU util, Disk util, Network, and Memory util are all low. This is not a resource issue.

It occurs on all clients (extenders and native on the server). I think I've tried everything; however, any ideas would be accepted.

Thx.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

My problem just got fixed..... Found it via the Sage debug. COMCAST dropped my MCard from my account and the HDHomerun Prime crapped out. It was generating a lot of bad recordings, causing Sage to hang attempting to create a preview.

Hours later and a new MCard and 3 calls to get it activated properly and I'm back on the air. Thought I'd make another post here in case anyone has a similar problem. Turns out as long as Sage DCT is still active, a bad tuner can go unnoticed and you get the "circle of death".
Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Sage User

Locking/Pausing while scrolling list of recording program

Not sure if this is the same BUT when a program is recording on my HDHR and the little red recording icon is in the list, my client will pause if I scroll over it either in the program guide or recoding schedule list.

This does not happen on the server running the client app nor does it happen on a remote client when I'm recording with the HDPVR.

This started when I migrated from SageTV 6 to SageTV 7. I have since decommissioned the HDHRs and installed the new HDHR3-CCs and the problem is the same.

Any ideas??

BigMac
Client2: Win7 Pro (64bit), Intel Quad Q9650 3.00GHz, 8G Ram, Test/Work/Gaming system.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac View Post
Not sure if this is the same BUT when a program is recording on my HDHR and the little red recording icon is in the list, my client will pause if I scroll over it either in the program guide or recoding schedule list.

This does not happen on the server running the client app nor does it happen on a remote client when I'm recording with the HDPVR.

This started when I migrated from SageTV 6 to SageTV 7. I have since decommissioned the HDHRs and installed the new HDHR3-CCs and the problem is the same.

Any ideas??

BigMac
The pause might be caused by Sage generating a preview image of the show that is recording.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 10-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Sage User

I have Video Menu Options>Display Video on Menu set to NEVER. When I have it set to Always if does play the video and doesn't pause when scrolling but I can't have that feature enabled with young'ins around.

Reading the manual, there is verbiage about preview or thumbnail. On movies I seem to get a thumbnail (no pause while scrolling over it) but shows I get a preview and pausing.

BigMac