SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

How to disable the popup window in the program guide? How to keep the program guide?

I just upgraded from my 2.x version to 5.02 hoping to get rid of some more frequent lockups. The upgrade went rather smooth.
However, I need to know how to disable a new "feature" in 5.x with my dual display setup. In 2.x it worked as desired.
I use the TV out of my Hauppauge 350 to display on my projector. I use the PC monitor as my control display. Therefore, I will use the program guide on the monitor. I'm using a remote with USBIRT. When clicking OK I'm getting now a popup window in which I can select play. I would like to disable this popup window. How is this possible?
Furthermore, after I hit play the window on my control monitor will show the TV program fullscreen. I want to keep the program guide. How is this possible?

With other words: I want to see the program guide at all times, except I hit OK twice. ANd I don't want the popup window.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Maybe you want to use the Options command to change the Video Menu Options so that it plays video as the background when playback is active.

You can use the Play command while a show is highlighted to begin playback & bypass the pop-up options menu.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would like to see the program guide at all times on my "control display" with live video only in the small window in the top right corner.

The play option doesn't realy work. When I scroll down in the program guide to a new show and hit play it doesn't change the channel. Otherwise, play seems to work (e.g. in recored shows after a pause). Are there different play commands?
Old 05-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Oh yeah -- 'Play' will only start new playback if nothing else is currnetly playing, so you would also have to use Stop first if you want to skip seeing the pop-up menu.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

That is realy not a solution. Actually, not even sure if stop works once I'm back in the program guide.

The problem exists as well in the recordings. Even worse, since I can't go back to the recordings screen after selecting/watching a recorded show.

Is there any way to get this fixed?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Stop works on almost any screeen.

SageTV returns to the Recordings screen when the show is over, or you can use the TV command to toggle between the last menu you were on & the playback screen.

- Andy
Old 05-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was thinking if I want to watch an other recorded show.
In addtion, I wouldn't like to stop the show looking at my other options (program guide or other recorded shows). I like to keep listening and somebody else in the room watching while I browse. All this used to work to 100% of my satisfaction in 2.x...
Old 05-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm not sure if this will even help you, but I wrote a plugin that will give you a detailed info screen like it was in 2.x.
when you selected something in the guide.

I have no idea if it will behave the way you want (I'm still not quite sure what you want), but it does get rid of the pop-up from the guide...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=16050

Jim
Old 05-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Let me try to desribe what I want (and had in 2.x):
- when I'm in the program guide (or recordings) I would like to start watching a show (or recording) with a single button from my remote. In 2.x the slect button worked. Using the play button would be OK. (in 2.x it was the select button). Doing so I would like to stay on the program guide screen (or recordings). This allows me to see what else there is without stoping the show and not clicking an other button. I use the monitor screen as a control display, using the PVR 350 out for the main video.