SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

BIG HD200 Problem - Help

So I have Gemstone working *perfectly* on the Server/Client under the TV, and a Wireless Client Computer in the basement. I finally fired up the HD200 and loaded Gemstone. Everything 'looks' great, but when I go to play any music or video file, I get a sage.playback.exception error, then the top banner flashes like it's trying to watch Live TV, then the screen goes black. I have to hit OK a few times on the error, and then Stop to get rid of the red recording icon from the Live TV attempt.

This HD200 was working perfectly with Diamond, all I did was 'Load Gemstone'. I have tried stopping and starting the Sage Service...rebooting the Server...rebooting the HD200, etc... The 'Diamond Legacy' plugin won't load, I get a message saying that since Gemstone is installed, DL is disabled. No matter of fiddling can get the HD200 to get back to Diamond. If I can't fix this, I'm going to have to drop $400 on a Zotac or Asus 'Mini PC' to replace the HD200...because I definitely want to run Gemstone, it looks beautiful. Java Heap Max is at 1024 on the Server.

Thanks,

P
Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 AM
SageTVaholic

It should work as it is working for many others so this should be solvable.

At first, try Revert under the advanced setup menu and then disable gemstone to ensure all is working well in base sage.

Then try diamond legacy or gemstone again and see what happens. Gemstone must be disabled and sage reverted to go back to diamond legacy.

k
Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Sage Icon

Is this all on the Extender? Or do I need to do it on the Server? I read that you thought it was possible to run Gemstone on the Server, and Diamond on an Extender. That would be acceptable, since only the kid uses the Extender.

Thanks,

P
Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

From the extender in question. At first it defaults to what you have done on the server but then from the extender you can make these changes and use base sage or diamond legacy.

Just keep in mind... We hope not to have to update Diamond anymore as we prefer to concentrate on Gemstone.

k
Old 10-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Fixed! Thanks for the help. I followed your instructions but still had the problem...so then I delved deep into my expert technical mind....AND UNPLUGGED THE DARN THING After letting it sit for about 30 seconds, I plugged it back in (it was back to Sage OEM after your 'revert' instructions) and played a TV show: Success. Then I reloaded Gemstone: Success. Saved me $378...I was one click away from getting an Asus Net Top Computer on Amazon

P