SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Sage User

DVD Playback Problem on HD200

I have an HD200 that works great for everything except playing DVD from the DVD drive attached to my PC. I have SageTVMC and DVD43 running on the PC.

I can watch live tv, watch reorded tv, watch videos backedup and listen to music on the HD200 without problem.

When i put a DVD into the DVD player on the PC and try to access it from the main menu on my extender i get a black screen on my tv and it never plays. If i go directly onto the PC and click the DVD from the SageTv main menu it works just fine. This makes me think that there is something wrong with the extender reading the playback?

I am able to create a mapping in the video imports for the DVD drive and then it works perfect from the extender. Problem is that i want the DVD Player to be started from the DVD part of the main menu and not from a link barried in the Video Folder.

Any thoughts/help?
Old 12-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

This will fix your problem:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=45922
Old 12-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Sage User

Skybolt,

thank you for the link. I'd previously seen that before doing my own post. I am able to make it work the same way that is mentioned in your post. What i want is to be able to start it from the Play DVD link on my main menu and not deeply buried inside the Videos file.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmuh1 View Post
Skybolt,

thank you for the link. I'd previously seen that before doing my own post. I am able to make it work the same way that is mentioned in your post. What i want is to be able to start it from the Play DVD link on my main menu and not deeply buried inside the Videos file.
Not possable with the extender, "Play DVD" is for a pc client and it's local dvd drive as mentined in the manual. You might try dynamic menu's there was a mention of that maybe working after you setup as mentioned.

-Skybolt