SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 AM

Transfer from BetondTV

For a number of reasons I have decided to embrace SageTV and say Bye to Beyond. I have loaded Sage and everything is working OK but I am stuck on one part - channel changing. My service is Uverse and to get Beyond to work with it I used the USB-UIRT. I can find no place on the set up menu to select the mode for channel changing.
Secondly, the Uverse stb goes to sleep every 8 hours if there has been no activity. The work around with USB-UIRT was to place an "enter" command as the first code and this woke the box up. Will I encounter problems of this sort through Sage if I can't use UIRT? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

First, do you already have a license for SageTV? If not, they can no longer be bought so you won't be able to upgrade the trial version to the full version.

You choose your tuning method when you add your tuner. One of the questions during that wizard asks how you'll tune channels for the tuner.

You can configure the UIRT to send a pre command to all channel changes - that command can be Enter.

So the only issue you'll face is the ability to move the software out of trial mode, which can't be done if you don't already have a license; everything else you want to do is possible.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...