SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage User

Can I transfer EPG data from one computer to another?

I'e switched ISP's and due to a scheduling messup on my part, there won't be internet service at my house for about a week or so. The EPG data on my main HTPC has expired and the guide is now showing "No Data" for all timeslots. I've installed a temporary (trial) copy of sagetv on my laptop and taken it to a open hotspot area so that I can get EPG data on it. So my laptop's copy of sagetv has EPG data fine. To see what's playing, I need to look at my laptop. Is there any way to transfer this EPG data to my main HTPC?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

In prinicple a plugin could export the data from one system and import it into another, but I don't know of such a plugin, and I'm guessing that writing one is more work than you want to get into.

Your simplest option is probably to shut down Sage on your main server, copy Wiz.bin over to the laptop, run to Starbucks for an EPG download, then bring it home and copy it back before restarting Sage on the main machine. (But keep a backup of your original Wiz.bin in case something goes wrong.)
Old 01-22-2011, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you by chance tether a cell phone? It's not a lot of data, and might be able to get you going.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage User

I did the wiz.bin swaps and it worked splendidly. Thanks for the tip.

I would tether a cell phone but my sage server is a whs box and it doesn't seem to be compatible with pdanet software. At least i just can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks a lot guys, you've helped me out of a temporary jam and made the family happy :-)