SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

deleting files via sagex.api?

If I'm reading the api docs correctly, the only way to remove a show entry from the database is to do a DeleteFile or DeleteFileWithoutPrejudice, both of which look like they require a file to exist to be deleted? Or is there another API call which will delete entries from the database?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpaulus View Post
If I'm reading the api docs correctly, the only way to remove a show entry from the database is to do a DeleteFile or DeleteFileWithoutPrejudice, both of which look like they require a file to exist to be deleted? Or is there another API call which will delete entries from the database?
What database entries are you trying to remove? Airings? Favorites? Watched status? Like status? Manual record status?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have 900+ shows (over 3 years worth of stuff) recorded on my mythtv backend. I can share those shows via Samba and mount that on my Sage box.

I have also created a java program to extract the mythtv show data in a format that nielm's webserver process can import. I did that once about 2 months ago. It looks like it imported about 85% of my show information, and that was pretty good to get things rolling.

However, I feel like that import was a onetime shot, and the mythtv data is getting stale (We've watched and deleted shows, and new shows are getting recorded). So, I would like to be able to "clean" out the mythtv recording information and reload the current listings. When I create the extract and import, I put a "mythtv" in the sub-category, so that these shows should be easy to find. But my issue is, how do I clean out the mythtv recording information so I can refresh/reload it with today's current list?
Old 09-30-2011, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have 900+ shows (over 3 years worth of stuff) recorded on my mythtv backend. I can share those shows via Samba and mount that on my Sage box.

I have also created a java program to extract the mythtv show data in a format that nielm's webserver process can import. I did that once about 2 months ago. It looks like it imported about 85% of my show information, and that was pretty good to get things rolling.

However, I feel like that import was a onetime shot, and the mythtv data is getting stale (We've watched and deleted shows, and new shows are getting recorded). So, I would like to be able to "clean" out the mythtv recording information and reload the current listings. When I create the extract and import, I put a "mythtv" in the sub-category, so that these shows should be easy to find. But my issue is, how do I clean out the mythtv recording information so I can refresh/reload it with today's current list?
How and where did you add the data? I am assuming it is tied to the mediafiles now? If so you can delete the mediafiles (sage automatically removes the entries on next library scan) or you can update for ones you want to update using the mediafilepath and getting the mediafileid.

I may be misunderstanding what you are wanting bit confusing.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I too am a little confused on what you are trying to do. What did you use to watch and delete shows? If you did that through Sage the database will automatically be updated.

After extracting the metadata from the shows did you set them up in Sage as Imported Videos or recordings?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have this massive .xml file that contains airing information for all the shows in my mythtv database. Then I went to neilm's web server and did an import of all the data. It looks to me like everything comes in as a Recording. There did seem to be some conflicts and issues, so not everything was imported. But a huge portion of the shows were imported.

On the mythtv side, I have (5) 1TB disks loaded with shows and stuff. I also have a nightly cron job (on the mythtv box)that creates a Soft Link from each show to a common directory (/var/tv). That common directory is mounted on my sagetv box as //mythtv/tv. So, on sage, all shows look like //mythtv/tv/1007_20110928113000.mpg. The xml file contains all the airing information about the above file.

I also have a nightly AT job on the sagetv box that looks in //mythtv/tv and looks for .edl files. If there is a .mpg or .nuv file that does not have a .edl file, it creates one. Now I have all my Commercial Skip info (That is REALLY high on the WAF list).

Now we can watch the shows using our HD300. Part of this whole exercise was caused by the fact that the FrontEnd I am using for mythtv doesn't support HD (it's an Hauppauge MVP running mvpmc), and I really like the small form factor for a front end. The HD300 really fits the bill. I was also having playback issues that I could never pin down to the network or the device itself.

After I watch the show, if I decide to get rid of it, I have to go to my mythtv system and delete the show (Because mythtv owns the data). If I were to try to delete the show via sagetv, all I would delete would be the soft link, not the actual data file, nor the mythtv database entries.

Now I need to make sure that when I delete the show in mythtv, and the softlink gets removed, that sagetv gets notified that the show is gone.

I also want to be able to incrementally add new shows to sagetv that are recorded on my mythtv system as they are recorded.

Probably way over complicated what I am doing, but I can't really think of another way to get the 2 systems to work together cooperatively. If there are other ideas out there, or if others have jumped the same stream already, I'm open to ideas. The wife likes the HD300. I do try to capture as many new shows via HD as I can, but I still have a pretty large library of old stuff that I want to be able to access.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

The easiest way it to have sagetv monitor those folders. So when you delete it in mythtv it gets removed from sagetv automatically.