SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bialio,

Any update on this situation. I would really like to use Phoenix, are there any more logs I can collect?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

more of the same!

I too am experiencing this problem on my HD300. It began while I was out of town so I have no idea what might have caused it to start.

I did notice that the background image for Phoenix was not sticking when I set it, before I left. I think this started with version 405 but am not sure.

Also, I am getting system messages that say "Error in VFS File: .\STVs\Phoenix\vfs\vfs.xml; null" This file looks to be intact wiht no apparent missing data.

I have tried uninstalling Phoenix and BMT, stopping the server service, deleting the extender properties files and all of their backups, restarting the server service and reinstalling Phoenix and BMT. I still have the same garbled/overlayed display.

My PC Sage Client seems to be OK with Phoenix still.

Does anyone have a clue or a process to resolve this, I really prefer using Phoenix if I can get it working again!

Client: Sage 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_15, Win XP Pro sp3, Asus A8N5X, Athlon 64 3500+, 1 GB RAM, Asus Silent nVidia 8400GS, WD 250 GB SATA for OS and local storage, Sanyo PLV-Z4 1280x720 LCD

Sage HD300 with Sony KDL40XBR9 and Sony HTCT100 Soundbar
Old 11-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

408 verion update

Unfortunately an update to version 408 does not seem to have any effect on this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to resolve this?

Client: Sage 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_15, Win XP Pro sp3, Asus A8N5X, Athlon 64 3500+, 1 GB RAM, Asus Silent nVidia 8400GS, WD 250 GB SATA for OS and local storage, Sanyo PLV-Z4 1280x720 LCD

Last edited by ellweber; 11-18-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber View Post
Unfortunately an update to version 408 does not seem to have any affect on this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to resolve this?

I wish I knew, I am really liking the look of phoenix over diamond and would like to use it. However I have had this problem almost since the beginning and cannot seem to resolve it.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Update, I tried loading 408 and got the same scrambled screen. The setup screen stays in the foreground and the phoenix menus show up in the background and don't refresh. So every keypress of the remote makes the screen more scrambled.

The interesting thing is, I shutdown my sage server process and restarted it. Then powered up my HD300 and the screen stayed with the setup screen in the foreground and the phoenix menus in the background.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

STILL KAPUT!

I just spent some time uninstalling everything but the underlying server S/W and the webserver plug-ins. I stopped the server service, deleted all the Phoenix files and folders on the server and all the HD300 client properties files. I then reinstalled the Phoenix plugin, no BMT, no Comskip or anything else.

Still, I have scrambled and uncleared background displays. I don't know what else to try short of wiping out the server properties file. Since my PC client still seems to work properly (with Phoenix) I am reluctant to mess up the server. Also, it seems like the server should be mostly absolved of fault too.

Here is a photo (of mediocre quality!) to illustrate the problem, is this similar to what you are seeing mguebert?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (533.1 KB, 214 views)

Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber View Post
I just spent some time uninstalling everything but the underlying server S/W and the webserver plug-ins. I stopped the server service, deleted all the Phoenix files and folders on the server and all the HD300 client properties files. I then reinstalled the Phoenix plugin, no BMT, no Comskip or anything else.

Still, I have scrambled and uncleared background displays. I don't know what else to try short of wiping out the server properties file. Since my PC client still seems to work properly (with Phoenix) I am reluctant to mess up the server. Also, it seems like the server should be mostly absolved of fault too.

Here is a photo (of mediocre quality!) to illustrate the problem, is this similar to what you are seeing mguebert?
Yes, that is exactly is what I am seeing. I have also tried most of the things you have tried also.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguebert View Post
Yes, that is exactly is what I am seeing. I have also tried most of the things you have tried also.
Well, if we both have the same symptoms then at least it isn't a random occurrence. Perhaps stuckless or bialio will have some idea of where to look for answers or how to diagnose.

Lynn

Old 11-19-2011, 07:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

I deleted my entire SageTV instance, taking care to remove all files, re-booted, re-installed SageTV, loaded Phoenix as the FIRST add on and still get the same thing. Then I installed SageTV on a different PC, with a different video card, and still get the same thing. One PC was Win7 64 bit and the other Win7 32 bit. So far Phoenix has proven unusable.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Sage User

Unhappy I have this same scrambled screen.

This same scrambled screen happens on my server and client. So count me as another victim.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

could someone do the following....

0. Update to the latest phoenix-core (2.3.44)
1. Enable debug logging for sagetv (so that sagetv_0.txt) log file gets created.
2. Shut down sagetv server
3. Start sagetv (the shutdown/startup ensures the logs files are cleared, which make it easier to troubleshoot)
4. Connect client/extender to sagetv to get the scrambled ui
5. Email me the log files (sagetv_0.txt and logs/phoenix.log) (metadatatools at gmail dot com) (and Sage.properties as well, and/or client properties)

Maybe there is something in the sagetv_0.txt or phoenix.log that might shed some light on what is happening. I can't make any promises, but if I have those files, then that's best place for me to see what is going on.

NOTE, if you connecting from a client, then Phoenix needs to be installed on the client and the Server. If you connecting from a client, then I'll need the logs from both the client machine and the server machine. If you can connecting from an Extender, then I'll need the logs just from the server.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
could someone do the following....

0. Update to the latest phoenix-core (2.3.44)
1. Enable debug logging for sagetv (so that sagetv_0.txt) log file gets created.
2. Shut down sagetv server
3. Start sagetv (the shutdown/startup ensures the logs files are cleared, which make it easier to troubleshoot)
4. Connect client/extender to sagetv to get the scrambled ui
5. Email me the log files (sagetv_0.txt and logs/phoenix.log) (metadatatools at gmail dot com) (and Sage.properties as well, and/or client properties)

Maybe there is something in the sagetv_0.txt or phoenix.log that might shed some light on what is happening. I can't make any promises, but if I have those files, then that's best place for me to see what is going on.

NOTE, if you connecting from a client, then Phoenix needs to be installed on the client and the Server. If you connecting from a client, then I'll need the logs from both the client machine and the server machine. If you can connecting from an Extender, then I'll need the logs just from the server.
Stuckless,

I have collected the logs and sent them to your email address. Let me know if there are any other logs I can collect or troubleshooting I can do.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I think I may have found the issue (thanks mguebert for the logs)

After reviewing the logs, it appears the for some reason, for some of you, that the "Backgrounds" skin is being loaded as the default skin. I'm not even sure that Backgrounds is a valid skin (doesn't appear to be), so I need to modify the Skin Loader to remove invalid skins from the skin list. I still don't know why "backgrounds" would be set as the defauld skin, since I'm not seeing code that actually does this, but yet it did happen (and it's not valid)

So, to fix the issue...
Shut down SageTV server and then Edit the Sage.properties and search for this line
Code:
phoenix/users/default/Skin=Backgrounds
and replace with
Code:
phoenix/users/default/Skin=skin.default
Save, and then start the sagetv server.

Meanwhile, I'll look at adding some code that will try to prevent this from happening.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think I may have found the issue (thanks mguebert for the logs)

After reviewing the logs, it appears the for some reason, for some of you, that the "Backgrounds" skin is being loaded as the default skin. I'm not even sure that Backgrounds is a valid skin (doesn't appear to be), so I need to modify the Skin Loader to remove invalid skins from the skin list. I still don't know why "backgrounds" would be set as the defauld skin, since I'm not seeing code that actually does this, but yet it did happen (and it's not valid)

So, to fix the issue...
Shut down SageTV server and then Edit the Sage.properties and search for this line
Code:
phoenix/users/default/Skin=Backgrounds
and replace with
Code:
phoenix/users/default/Skin=skin.default
Save, and then start the sagetv server.

Meanwhile, I'll look at adding some code that will try to prevent this from happening.

Cool it worked. Thanks very much Stuckless. Now I can finally play with Phoenix. Thanks again....
Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguebert View Post
Cool it worked. Thanks very much Stuckless. Now I can finally play with Phoenix. Thanks again....
np... sorry it took us this long to figure it out... In our defense... we have bee extremely busy
Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

THANKS!

To stuckless for finding the problem, I am back in business with Phoenix.

And to mguebert for sending the logs, once again I am late to the party.

Lynn