SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Sage User

Scrambled picture after a few seconds?

Ok, I am brand new to the software - I mean brand new. I have set up an XP Pro machine as the server with a Hauppage USB 950 on it. The machine I am watching off of is Windows 7 64 bit. Client installs great, everything works, I start watching a channel and within a few seconds it scrambles. The screen looks like those scrambled "Nudie" channels on cable back in the day.

The XP Pro machine with the Hauppage on it is hooked up to just regular basic cable. The picture looks good on it, which makes me wonder if it's not just a problem with the client.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim Bryant
Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

What do you see when you play the recorded files using an MPEG player?
TV Storage: 11 TB (4x1.5TB for recording, 5TB for archive)
Clients: 3
SageTV Extenders:5
Old 11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Sage User

Haven't tried that yet, will do it now. Was coming back to mention that when it scrambles I can jump back to program guide and come back in, fixes the picture for a few minutes.

Thanks,
Tim Bryant
Old 11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Sage User

Strange - I have it on a second monitor, it almost seems like I can create the problem by doing anything that would lag my Internet connection. Going to play with that and see.

Playing it back in Sage looks almost exactly like it does seeing it regular - but watching it live you get the new circle "wait - what used to be the hourglass" for a second before the picture scrambles.

Thanks,
Tim Bryant