SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Sage Expert

Phoenix, BMT, Malore menus, Fuzzy's mod not updating banners

Okay guys, I'm not sure which are what (have Phoenix and BMT installed, using Malore menus and Fuzzy's mod) is keeping my banners from showing up in my Malore menus. Here's and example.

Conan (the late night show) has no banner. I select Conan on the left and then pick and episode on the right. I then choose Metadata/Fanart Options -> Search for Fan art and then select the correct one. When I go into View edit Fan art for this show I do see the banner I'd like to use. I assumed that this would be enough and that it would show up but it hasn't. I've checked on both my hd200 and my sage server but neither show the banner.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 08-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Check that you have the "Upper Info Area Style" set to malore in the Additional Display Options of the malore setup.

John
Old 08-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Check that you have the "Upper Info Area Style" set to malore in the Additional Display Options of the malore setup.

John
Yup. It was already set to Malore.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Sage Expert

Anybody else have any ideas? Can someone narrow the problem down to a particular plugin that might be causing this?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Similar issue and I use TV explorer. It started with a specific phoenix version (I think). Somewhat annoying, but easy to fix.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm trying to understand what the problem is exactly? Are you saying that you are not getting banners? Or that you set a default banner on an item, but later, you are not seeing that default banner show up for that item.

BMT does not allow you to set the banner/poster/background per series, only per item. ie, if you set the default bannser for conan s1e1 and then go to s1e2, then it may have a different banner/poster/background. I'm currently working on some changes to the fanart apis that enable you to set the default fanart for a series instead of a show.

Also, in the fanart apis, the fanart results are cached (for a short while). You can clear the caches from the web ui, but also, if the SetDefaultXXXX api call is used, it will clear the caches as well.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm trying to understand what the problem is exactly? Are you saying that you are not getting banners? Or that you set a default banner on an item, but later, you are not seeing that default banner show up for that item.

BMT does not allow you to set the banner/poster/background per series, only per item. ie, if you set the default bannser for conan s1e1 and then go to s1e2, then it may have a different banner/poster/background. I'm currently working on some changes to the fanart apis that enable you to set the default fanart for a series instead of a show.

Also, in the fanart apis, the fanart results are cached (for a short while). You can clear the caches from the web ui, but also, if the SetDefaultXXXX api call is used, it will clear the caches as well.
It's actually kind of an odd issue. Basically what will happen is that Sage will record a new show. The fanart that has always worked suddenly doesn't show up for the new show (even with automatic fanart enabled). If I manually download the fanart it will show up. Before whatever broke if a show recorded and already had fanart it would show up automatically. Something caused that to stop happening. It isn't a big deal (especially since backgrounds still show up, but not banners) and is easy to fix, but I just wonder if maybe the naming is different for some reason (eg. the office is recorded as theoffice or something). I haven't tried to investigate as I have no idea if it is a TVE, BMT, or something else. Since he is having the issue in the malore menus I'm guessing it isn't TVE (probably). I hope that helps.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
It's actually kind of an odd issue. Basically what will happen is that Sage will record a new show. The fanart that has always worked suddenly doesn't show up for the new show (even with automatic fanart enabled). If I manually download the fanart it will show up. Before whatever broke if a show recorded and already had fanart it would show up automatically. Something caused that to stop happening. It isn't a big deal (especially since backgrounds still show up, but not banners) and is easy to fix, but I just wonder if maybe the naming is different for some reason (eg. the office is recorded as theoffice or something). I haven't tried to investigate as I have no idea if it is a TVE, BMT, or something else. Since he is having the issue in the malore menus I'm guessing it isn't TVE (probably). I hope that helps.
Admittedly, I haven't had that many shows record over the summer months, so I haven't noticed this issue myself. I did re-run all the unit tests before the last build, and they came out clean, so I'm not sure what would cause this issue. Sometimes the remote site (tvdb) does get overwhelmed during prime time since a lot of other media center apps use it, and you'll get timeouts. BMT does retry in the even of an error, but it will eventually give up. The logs/phoenix-metadata.log should contain a record of this happening.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:30 AM
SageTVaholic

If you are using my mod to show them in the show list, there is a problem in how I enabled caching. It is never re-checking for a banner after first finding that there was none. So, if the first time you had an episode of Conan, the cache created a 'blank' banner for it in the cache. I never implemented a method of going back and rechecking those files periodically, so it will always show the blank banner. You will need to delete the files from teh cache folder (can't remember the exact path, but it will be under the sage folder somewhere in a subfolder called FuzzyMaloreBanners). Just wipe out that folder, and reenter the malore screens. First time scrolling through, it'll take a bit longer as it sets up the cache, but the images should all be there.

If I ever get time again, I DO intend on fixing/finishing this... just havn't gotten there yet.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Sage Expert

@Fuzzy

Found them at:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\userdata\Phoenix\cache\imagetrans\FuzzyMaloreBanners

Deleted them, entered recordings and saw the folder recreated. Over a minute or so I watched it populate again. Unfortunately Conan and a few others I tried to add did not show up. I checked this on the server as well as my hd200. The banners show up when I look at the metadata edit option but I'm not seeing them in the above folder.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Sage Expert

Fuzzy, any ideas on what I might do to get these to populate? Removing the directory didn't help. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you check for another FuzzyMaloreBanners folder? At some point in it's development, Phoenix changed the location of the cache.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-25-2011, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Did you check for another FuzzyMaloreBanners folder? At some point in it's development, Phoenix changed the location of the cache.
All Phoenix dynamic data is now in SAGE_HOME/userdata/Phoenix/ and under there is the the cache, Fanart, menus, vfs, etc.

The old location for the cache was in the SAGE_HOME/cache/ location but now it's in the SAGE_HOME/userdata/Phoenix/cache/
Old 08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
All Phoenix dynamic data is now in SAGE_HOME/userdata/Phoenix/ and under there is the the cache, Fanart, menus, vfs, etc.

The old location for the cache was in the SAGE_HOME/cache/ location but now it's in the SAGE_HOME/userdata/Phoenix/cache/
I bet that's why I see the same issue in TVE. I wonder if razorsharp still comes around?
Old 08-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That's the only one I have on my system.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I bet that's why I see the same issue in TVE. I wonder if razorsharp still comes around?
The location of the cache folder is transparent to the phoenix apis. ie, if the phoenix apis are being used, then it will find the correct cache location.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The location of the cache folder is transparent to the phoenix apis. ie, if the phoenix apis are being used, then it will find the correct cache location.
Oh. Nevermind then. Honestly, I haven't had the issue since nothing has recorded in a while. I'll find out tonight when the new Burn Notice episode records.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
still here

Quote:
Ya I'm using the phoenix apis to access, check for, and cache the fanart so the directory location should be transparent... Admittedly, I havent updated phoenix in awhile... but im pretty sure I am using the version at the new directory location....

On my dev version both fanart and banner display are working for me... at some point soon I'll get around to updating my system and then maybe i'll see something. During development iirc i did change some things with fanart display so maybe i fixed a bug that exists with the released version? The dev version isn't at a point yet for public consumption but is good enough for my use case (recorded tv only, no filtering, views, etc).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 08-25-2011, 02:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
still here

Ya I'm using the phoenix apis to access, check for, and cache the fanart so the directory location should be transparent... Admittedly, I havent updated phoenix in awhile... but im pretty sure I am using the version at the new directory location....

On my dev version both fanart and banner display are working for me... at some point soon I'll get around to updating my system and then maybe i'll see something. During development iirc i did change some things with fanart display so maybe i fixed a bug that exists with the released version? The dev version isn't at a point yet for public consumption but is good enough for my use case (recorded tv only, no filtering, views, etc).
I posted in the TVE thread, but I'll continue here. This issue for me only happened with a recent phoenix update. Not sure which one. Sorry for the lack of detail, I didn't notice until around last week.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I posted in the TVE thread, but I'll continue here. This issue for me only happened with a recent phoenix update. Not sure which one. Sorry for the lack of detail, I didn't notice until around last week.
I can't say i remember ever seeing it... Once i get around to updating phoenix I'll keep an eye out for it and let you know if i see anything...
Check out TVExplorer