SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Halt Detected in recording with SageDCT?

I'm getting the occasional "Warning - Halt Detected in Recording. The device input "SageDCT infinitv PCIe..." stopped while recoding whatever inane program I had it recording. This is a few times a day, usually a yellow 'i' which I assume means it recovered, once in a while (every otehr or third day) one of the red i's which I expect means that it failed to recover...

I saw this thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...cted+recording

and the one it links to, but couldn't get the file mentioned, and it looks like that's been applied to the new version of Sage anyway (I'm running 7.19 (thanks Narflex)).

Any idea where I should go with this? it's the only thing really holding me up from taking the old server off line (and returning the three set top boxes on it!).

Thanks for any input...

Mick

Last edited by Opus4; 07-04-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Sage User

I have the same exact problem - I frequently miss short sections of a show because the tuner has halted and must restart. I assumed it was related to my use of the Ceton card, as I did not notice the frequent halt notices until I switched to a new setup using the Ceton card in addition to my HDHR, but since I get the message on the HDHR tuners also, it seems it might be a separate issue.

Can anyone provide the MPEG2Dump.ax file referenced in the other thread?

Thanks,

Tom
Server: i3 Intel, 4GB mem, 1x1.5TB7200rpm Sata drive (recording), multiple NAS Drives (DVDs, Music, Picts), Win7Ultimate64-bit, Sagetv7.x.Latest; 1xCeton4TunerCableCard, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR-2250; Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2XHD100; Provider: Comcast
Old 07-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Make sure you have "Support Bridging" or whatever it's called in the Ceton driver checked (note you do not want to actually bridge the NIC with your real one) and that your HD is fast enough to keep up. SageDCT is very sensitive to slow hard drives.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks guys. I did update the setting to allow bridging. We'll see how trhat does. The two drives are 7200rpm drives at 6g/s so they should be OK.

I also get the occasional recording that if I FFwd or jump through the show it stops at a black screen. If I don't, it plays through OK, but eventually audio and video get out of synch.

Not sure if they're related, but I'll see how it does from here...
Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Make sure you have "Support Bridging" or whatever it's called in the Ceton driver checked (note you do not want to actually bridge the NIC with your real one) and that your HD is fast enough to keep up. SageDCT is very sensitive to slow hard drives.
Is bridging supported under the current driver release (1.0.3.4 & 4884) or is the beta driver needed for "Support Bridging"?

I ask because I can't seem to find where to enable "Support Bridging" or whatever it's called. I have read articles that indicate the bridging is (or was) only supported under the beta driver release.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
Is bridging supported under the current driver release (1.0.3.4 & 4884) or is the beta driver needed for "Support Bridging"?

I ask because I can't seem to find where to enable "Support Bridging" or whatever it's called. I have read articles that indicate the bridging is (or was) only supported under the beta driver release.
If you look at the device under network cards in the device manager it's under the advanced tab.

Doesn't look like it did the trick for me though. i haven't been able to restart the machine yet, so I'm hoping that will make a difference, but it didn't request a restart, so I'm dubious.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, sure enough, look in the right place and there it is D'OH

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I was looking for it using the Ceton Diag. program.

It may not require a reboot to go into effect. I didn't get any pop up requesting a reboot after changing the "Support Bridging" to yes, either.

I've only had my Ceton card for a little over 2 weeks. It has done great when recording a single stream (1 tuner). However, occasionally as a second tuner begins recording a program, it throws an error on the second tuner. It seems to recover and record the show OK, though.

Not currently as much of an issue as it may become in the future. Right now the recording schedule doesn't have as many multiple shows on concurrently, this Fall that will probably change.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

So no more Halts (at least over the last few days, and I was getting at least one RED i halt and a few YELLOW i halts per day). All I did was set the option to support bridging, and to restart. The important note is that I did still get halts after the setting change, but none after the restart a day or so later. I also removed the SD versions of the HD channels that I record from. I have another thread that talks about stuff recording from CBS rather than CBS HD, so I did that to correct that problem, but since it could conceivably be related, I thought I'd not it.

During the same time I also removed the sources from my old server (which is still online) so that it doesn't record. I can't imagine it effected anything on this server, but again, figured it was worth noting...

Cheers.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

FYI, I got a couple more since my last post. Both were from non HD channels, so I'm wondering if there are any known issues with the Ceton card and SD channels?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

I've experienced the same problem with both non HD channels as well as channels with no encryption / protection.