SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

View Poll Results: You MyMovies Uses
I use SMM and want TV support with it's own UI like SMM 28 28.00%
I use SMM and TV support into the core to work with diamond 20 20.00%
I use SMM but no interested in tv support from mymovies collection manager 29 29.00%
I user collection manager but have switch to diamond or stock ui for display 23 23.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2011, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Poll Better participate if you Want SMM development to continue!!

Header says it all this is simply a poll to see how many SMM users there are out there and how many want TV support and how you want it.

Time is very limited now and I am pretty invovled in Diamond as well so I don't want to spend time on SMM and SMMTV suppport if the demand isn't there.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 05-18-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm personally not interested in TV support, and the only thing I'd ask of you is to get the few remaining functionality to work. In other words (as if you don't know) when in the info view to be able to play a trailer of that movie, view similar movies, and the few other's I'm forgetting. I remember the view similar working at one point, but I could be wrong.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

You did too good a job on Diamond. The overhead of MyMovies was not worth it anymore. Your success has doomed you to failure.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I'm personally not interested in TV support, and the only thing I'd ask of you is to get the few remaining functionality to work. In other words (as if you don't know) when in the info view to be able to play a trailer of that movie, view similar movies, and the few other's I'm forgetting. I remember the view similar working at one point, but I could be wrong.
Ditto
Old 05-18-2011, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
You did too good a job on Diamond. The overhead of MyMovies was not worth it anymore. Your success has doomed you to failure.
It is his fault for getting me into my movies in the first place, so I blame him for my need for SMM. Diamond just doesn't do what SMM does.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Sage Icon

I have been wanting to try Diamond but since doing a new Win7/Sage7/Colossus install a few months ago I hadn't installed any plugins whatsoever so I could troubleshoot properly with support.

That being said, the Colossus problems have now been traced to the Colossus firmware and/or driver and I have started to install plugins. MyMovies Collection Manager is broke on my new install but I want to get it working again soon and reinstall the SMM plugin.

I have been looking forward to TV support in MMCM but I'm not sure what your first two options mean. Option 1: Do you mean two seperate SMM plugins, the current one and a seperate one for TV support? Option 2: The Sage core, Diamond core or (more likely) the SMM core as in a single SMM plugin that could work in either the Default UI or Diamond?

S
Old 05-18-2011, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Similar still works hit favorite button on any movie

But info is still on the list.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

I should also say that whether I end up using the Default UI or Diamond I want SMM support with the MMCM TV support. I have been stuck with only the default UI for two months and even though I had MMCM export *.properties files for all my DVD's the default UI does not show the proper names for many of them. Namely the box sets, multi-disc sets and tv series discs. Instead it uses folder names, uhggg.

S
Old 05-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Finishing SMM features like the unfinished info screen and support for a BD drive for rentals is also high on my list.

S
Old 05-18-2011, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
Finishing SMM features like the unfinished info screen and support for a BD drive for rentals is also high on my list.

S
What do you mean support for a bd drive for rentals? Sage won't play movies from a bd drive (haven't tried, wouldn't know)? I use the external player mod fuzzy made so once I actually put a bd drive back in my client I guess I'll find out.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What do you mean support for a bd drive for rentals? Sage won't play movies from a bd drive (haven't tried, wouldn't know)? I use the external player mod fuzzy made so once I actually put a bd drive back in my client I guess I'll find out.
It will to on extenders with anydvd. My movies will immediately look up info by disc Id (Ie always right) he wants that info displayed.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Sage Icon

Yes it will play movies from a BD drive, you can even play movies on an extender from a BD drive shared on the network. The problem is the default Sage has to refresh all of the imports before it sees a new disc (For me that takes a looooong time.) and it rarely gets a good name for the disc in imported videos.

Before Plucky stopped work on SMM for Diamond he was going to work with me on getting MMCM/SMM to work with a shared BD drive to quickly scan and list any disc put into it. It's a feature request I made last fall.

S

Last edited by sleonard; 05-18-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Sage User

What I really want is...

...basically Mediabrowser. It is easily the thing I miss most about Windows Media Center. I don't really care how it happens but if we can achieve that level of performance, seamlessness, and functionality it would be the "last nail in the coffin" of Windows Media Center as far as I am concerned.

I would very happily pay for this.

Last edited by a_puty; 05-18-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Furthermore...
Old 05-20-2011, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_puty View Post
...basically Mediabrowser. It is easily the thing I miss most about Windows Media Center. I don't really care how it happens but if we can achieve that level of performance, seamlessness, and functionality it would be the "last nail in the coffin" of Windows Media Center as far as I am concerned.

I would very happily pay for this.
What exactly is missing fromSMM that is mediabrowser specific. I actually added allot of functions to SMM from Mediabrowser (ie the folders views and such).
Old 05-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Sage Expert

I voted for the first option because I use SMM and love it and would like to see SMM for TV. Actually my preference would be for TV series that I have ripped to be integrated on the same wall or sideways views that SMM has. I'd like it all in one place with TV working somewhat like a boxed set works (drilldown from series, to seasons, to episodes). I realize that alot of people want them seperated, but to each his own.

That said, my main goal is to use collection manager for metadata. If the UI is outside of SMM, then so be it, but I'd like it to easily and cleanly tie to collection manager.

Thanks Plucky!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Sage User

I'll echo Rob's comments.

I am most interested in my DVD/BD TV seasons. I would like see my ripped series in a "wall view"/"sideways view" that allows me to select a Series -> Season -> Episode.

-smak
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I use SMM with Diammond, while Diammond is good, SMM is awsome, I hope SMM dont die and/or Diammond integrate SMM as part of it.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
I use SMM with Diammond, while Diammond is good, SMM is awsome, I hope SMM dont die and/or Diammond integrate SMM as part of it.
+1, but I'm worried SMM may be dieing...
Old 05-20-2011, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

It isn't dying, it just might not get updated because diamond is taking quite a bit of plucky's time. He did say he is planning on finishing the functionality in the info view (the only part missing IMHO). SMM works and as long as the MM collection manager doesn't break functionality it will continue to work. (Correct me if I'm wrong plucky).
Old 05-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

I voted option 3.

As far as TV support is concerned, I don't know if I want/need it since I haven't tried it and use BMT for all of the recorded tv.

My reasoning for voting 3 is I prioritize the info view being finished above any new features. To me, that is the only thing missing.

However, if diamond would do the grouping of boxed sets and multidisc sets like SMM, I probably would not need to use SMM anymore.

-Peter