SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Sage User

Angry HVR-1600 + HDHomerun = Messed up channels

Ok, so here's my situation. Our cable company recently decided that they wanted to dump all of the analog channels in favor of an all-digital line up. So, my basic cable service went from 2 tuners (one analog, one digital) to 1 tuner (just the digital). This was being done on an HVR-1600.

Channel-wise, they were simulcasting the 5 basics (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, PBS) on both digital in HD and analog in SD. It worked fine, as sage would try to record in HD, but if the tuner was being used, it'd record in SD on the analog tuner as long as it was available. Worked fine, never had a need for any additional tuners. Typically, we'd be recording one show at a time off of the cable networks (discovery, history, etc)

Once the cable company switched to all digital, sage had fits about the channels moving & no tuners available.

Enter in the HDHomerun. 2 digital tuners + 1 Digital + 1 Analog = lots of tuners for sage to enjoy and no conflicts.

Except it's been a disaster.

I have all tuners working fine, my problem is channel mapping. The HDHR sees the channels as the guide/epg sees them; physical channel 111-1008-48 is guide channel 48 (discovery). 112-1008-51 is CNN on guide #51. 97-1008-201 is channel 201 (cbs in HD). Good and happy.

The HVR-1600 is being the pain. It runs it's channel scans, and picks up 74-0-201 as CBS in HD. When it tries to remap the EPG, it tosses out the HDHR mapping, and claims the channels for itself.

I have it set up right now so all recording is over the hdhr. It's working fine, but I'd like to keep using my 1600 for more than the IR Remote control.

Is there a way for sage to understand that if it's coming from 1 tuner it's this physical channel, and if it's coming from these other tuners it's this other physical channel?

Or, should I just make the HDHR match the 1600's channel scans in the hdhr setup util?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Administrator

It sounds like you have the tuners configured to use the same lineups, so remapping on one affects the other tuner too. Use different lineups -- either copy the existing lineup when configuring the next tuner, or set up the other tuners first, then see the HDHR tuner instructions in the hardware forum & let it remap the channels w/o selecting any lineup.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Sage User

Thanks. I was trying to use the same lineup, since our cable co is still "improving the system" (they are moving channels in 3 phases, 2 weeks apart). I was trying to use the same channel/guide lineup on both, so that way zap2it would correct the channels automatically. I don't think it'll be that easy, given how the tuners are feeding sage 2 different "channel lists".

It's late right now, so I'll need to play with it in the morning.

*thanks for moving the thread... wasn't sure if it was sage-related, or epg-related, since it covers both items!*