SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:11 AM
Sage Expert

Customizing Diamond

So far I'm really liking what you've done with Diamond, but there are a few things that I wanted to tweak. I like the option for minimal icons in all recordings because it doesn't really make sense to have most of them on a list of Series, but I do want them in my "Recordings of...".

So I started playing with Studio. I read through the tutorial and started customizing.

I basically just added "If GetWidgetName(GetCurrentMenuWidget(() =="MediaFileList" as a parent of the widgets to display those icons. Then moved the www/rrr box over to the icon area.

My question is simply, "How do I save these changes". Do I need to edit the Diamond STVi instead of my Sagetv V7.xml? Can I create a STVi to edit a STVi?

Currently I try to save the changes I made in studio and it readds the widgets that I moved. I'm assuming it's merging the Diamond STVi into the .xml that I saved.

Last edited by turak; 04-09-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Sage Icon

This is what i do... probably more work and complicated than neccessary but it works.
  1. Start with a clean SageTV7.xml, no ui mod imports installed or modifications done. Save this as SageTV7.1.5.xml (or whatever version sage you are running). This is your baseline.
  2. Import just diamond into your baselinexml. Save this as SavetTV7.1.5_Diamond3.20.xml (or again whatever version of sage and diamond you have installed). This is your diamond baseline. Once you save this make sure diamond is not being imported anymore (by saving it becomes part of the .xml file... and you will be warned that your saving it with imports active... thats what you want... just make sure only diamond is active)
  3. Make a copy of your diamond baseline and call it something like SageTV7.1.5_Diamond3.20_MyEdits0.1.xml (or whatever ... notice a theme?).
  4. Make the changes to the copy you just made. I periodically save my changes and up the version number (MyEdits0.2, 0.3, etc) so i can get a sorta history if i mess something up and need to revert
  5. Once you have all the changes you want, Make an STVi (Tools -> STV UID difference -> Select the diamond baseline stv you made in step 2 -> OK -> Generate STVi in new window -> Save your stvi (for example MyEdits0.1.stvi or .xml)
  6. Now make yourself a plugin... iirc there is a sticky in the studio forum on how to do it, make sure you list diamond as a dependency so it gets loaded before your plugin.. put your plugin in a sagetvplugindev.xml file and then import it on your clients Then your good to go...
The last step is really the only tricky one your first time through... the rest of them are pretty easy (well maybe not doing your customizations... depending) but it's just my anal way of organizing everything so i don't get confused...

EDIT: If you use gkusnicks studio tools it makes enabling/disabling UI Mods trivial from the studio interface (good for step 1 and 2)...
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 04-09-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the how to Razrsharpe.

@turak - Just want to point out that Diamond is currently being actively developed so we can't promise that items you touch in studio won't be changed in the next version of Diamond.

Just don't want you to be surprised if we change something in Diamond and your stvi doesn't work anymore. You may have to redo your mod or parts of it, but hey the second time is always easier

Have fun in studio!

J