SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Updates to Zap2It listings

I'm curious if anyone knows how long it takes for Zap2It to update their listings?

In my area, Comcast has recently made changes to the lineup(added several new HD channels). Zap2It does not have their lineup updated yet (Titan Tv does, Comcast Website does, but not Zap2It).

Yes, I can tune the new channels manually through the STB. Yes, I can add the channel to an existing lineup in Sage and the tune the channel (however I won't have EPG data for the added channel, as yet). And Yes, I can use a different channel lineup from a neighboring town that is almost identical but includes the new channels in order to receive EPG data and tune the channels from Sage (which I have done, but that's letting Zap2It off the hook )
Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK, so I take it nobody knows how long it takes Zap2It to update their listings. It's not a trick question

It's been a week and a half since the lineup changed for South Broward - Miramar. I placed an incident report with Sage last week and they are contacting the listing provider. I got a reply from Sage, last Friday the 8th. I had a handful of new channels show up and then nothing since. I was asked to supply an example channels not in the lineup but should be, none of the new channels were in the example group.

I don't know the exact number of new channels I should be getting but it's in the range of 10 to 20. Mostly adding the HD version of an existing SD channel.

TitanTV (titantv.com) has the correct lineup. Comcast has the correct lineup (well, they should after all) and TV Guide has the correct lineup.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Sage Icon

Have you also contacted Zap2IT?

Since Zap2IT is the Source, Sage is just a "user".

Probably didn't get replies because we don't know how long it takes Zap2IT to update their listings.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

I haven't contacted Zap2It. I thought SageTV would have more pull as Zap2It's customer/partner/"whatever the relationship is" than I would. (maybe they have one of those old red phones kinda like the bat phone or a "hot line" to Zap2It j/k)

I did a little bit of digging around the Zap2It website but nothing for contacting them jumped out at me, at least not without registering with them. I also keep thinking it will be resolved anytime now and I am just being impatient (and I probably am).

I indicated to Sage when I created the incident report that I didn't consider it a SageTV issue, at least not directly. However, the EPG is the heart and soul of a PVR (hardware or software) with out it, you may as well have a VCR.

Yeah, I can't say I really expected anyone to actually know Zap2It's update policy, unless they work for Zap2It or Tribune Services.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you've already done what you need to, but this FAQ actually covers the Zap2it issues:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...704#post119704
Old 04-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

It does take a while ... we had a problem with one channel being the east coast feed on Zap2it but our provider was serving the pacific feed. I logged the error via the Zap2it website and received a "We'll investigate" i never received any other notification but after a while the listing data was corrected.

I cant remember how long but it was week(s) not days ..
Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Closure

OK, as of Friday the 15th my line up is correct. Took two weeks.

I did find where to report channel lineup issues directly to Zap2It. How much it helped ??????