SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think I hosed my guide

I think I hosed my guide after adding the HDHomerun. I forgot to copy to a new and used existing. Now my other cards see channels that the HDHomerun should only see. Is there a way I can reset everything to the beginning? I tried removing all the sources and then add them back. When I do and pick my source the other HDhomerun channels come back.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:26 AM
Sage Icon

I had a problem before with my HDHomerun where I could not get the channels to appear in the line up by removing and adding the tuners. I recovered to an image, and everything worked again. It was a very quick and easy solution. I never had that problem again.

If you don't backup your system, then you could try uninstalling the HDHomerun software and re-install it, then try to add the tuners back.

Do you have the SageTV folder structure backed up? If so, you could recover to that. If you have an image of your boot/programs drive, you could recover to that. If you're not periodically imaging your system, you might want to think about it after you get it working again. If you don't want to pay for Ghost or Acronis, then you use Clonezilla which is free. If your using WHS, imaging won't work and your out of luck.

Dave
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodleNT View Post
I think I hosed my guide after adding the HDHomerun. I forgot to copy to a new and used existing. Now my other cards see channels that the HDHomerun should only see. Is there a way I can reset everything to the beginning? I tried removing all the sources and then add them back. When I do and pick my source the other HDhomerun channels come back.
For the lineup that is messed up, choose one of its correct tuners, go to Channel Setup from its Source Details menu, then use the option at Edit Channel Lineup -> Clear all Remapped channels. That should clear out all channels added during the HDHR channel scan. You will still need to go through & enable/disable channels the tuners using the lineup are supposed to be able to receive.

Then, reconfigure the HDHR's EPG Lineup from its Source Details menu, obviously making sure to either use a different lineup or copy an existing one.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Opus4. At the 11th hour (3am) last night I finally found that and was able to fix everything before the wife got up.

I have to say... I really like that you can configure much of the system with the remote without having to shutdown the system like you did with BTV.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Now that the system is working normally again, you should take an image of it so you can easily recover to this point in time. It might be something more serious next time, like the system won't boot into Windows...

Dave