SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Unhappy help! I've hosed SageTV

I have previously submitted a bug report about the fact that the SageTV screen saver consumes 100% of the CPU. I thought I would be smart in the mean time and disable it. Unfortunately I've now hosed my installation and can't use SageTV. Can someone help me fix it? The problem is that I went in to Detailed Setup. I think it was under Multimedia there was a place to specify the timeout for the screen saver. I naively put in a 0 trying to say that I never wanted it to run. Now it runs immediately. There isn't any way to interrupt it. Since the CPU is consumed it's also very hard to close the process. I've tried editing the Sage.properties and Sage.properties.autobackup files. I've modified the screen_saver_wait_time property (to 120) and the ui/disable_screen_saver_and_pm property (to true). Neither seemed to have any effect. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to reset the screen saver timeout? I can't use SageTV until I can fix this!
Old 01-26-2004, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Try to go into add/remove programs and see if you can repair it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

what he said.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Sage Icon

Or you can edit sage.properties and turn the screensave off.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Administrator

... and did you edit the properties file while SageTV was not running amok? (i.e. while SageTV was not running at all)

- Andy
Old 01-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Sage User

I've tried editing the sage.properties file in C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV to seemingly no avail. Any reason why that wouldn't 'take'?

I first killed the SageTV process, then edited both property files, then restarted SageTV. The changes don't appear to make any difference.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by pheitman
I've tried editing the sage.properties file in C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV to seemingly no avail. Any reason why that wouldn't 'take'?
Yes -- that value is in milliseconds, I believe, so your setting of 120 milliseconds doesn't give you much time to do anything to keep SageTV from sleeping. It is still suffering form narcolepsy. Try something a tad bit longer.

- Andy
Old 01-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Sage User

I edited screen_saver_wait_time property (to 120) and the ui/disable_screen_saver_and_pm (to true). I've since changed the screen_saver_wait_time back to 20 (which was the original value in the UI before I changed it to 0), but that didn't have any effect either. I've searched for all properties that are set to 0 (thinking that maybe the property name didn't have 'saver' in it), but didn't find anything obvious.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:12 PM
Sage Expert

Heh, i did they same thing so I just edit the ini to something like 600000000. It worked and when I got to sageTV again it was something like 24days and 7 hours. Set it to a long number then edit when you get in their.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks to everyone! Especially to Opus4 - that was the problem (which in retrospect is obvious). The units in the UI were minutes and I failed to think about the mapping between the UI and the implementation. I can now use SageTV again. Yeah!