SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Program Guide, all channels getting hosed

Hi

I've been playing around with my sage server a lot and having the following happen

after making some changes (nothing serious, nothing related to capture device/guide service/etc), after a restart, i have no program guide and a blank channel lineup.

WTF?! This is really annoying, and the best fix for it i've seen so far is to reinstall sage, which is getting really rather tedious.

Any ideas?
WinXP SP 3

Thanks
1x HDHR (dual tuner) <- Verizon wire
3x HD200 wired latest beta fw
Gig-E wired network
Old 01-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Administrator

What do you mean by "I've been playing around with my sage server a lot"? Did you move/change the install path?

Did wiz.bin and/or the .properties files get moved/corrupted/deleted so you are starting with a fresh setup? If so & you have backups of those files, restore the backups.

- andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope, by playing around, i mean that i've been messing around with my source in order to get IR to work properly. adding/removing recording source, starting, restarting and shutting down the sage service.

now, when i go to edit my video source and look for the channel lineup, i get the attached picture. I also get squat for my program guide. just emptiness.

Note that i've also tried completely removing my recording source and readding it and i get bubkis, like in the pic.

The only thing that seems to help is uninstalling and reinstalling sage, which i'm a bit sick of doing at this point...

any advice? Can i force a "clear and redownload tv lineup" somehow?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage1.jpg (83.7 KB, 207 views)
Gig-E wired network
Old 01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Okay, it seems to happen when i use the sagetv software on my computer without the sage service running, then exit the sage software and run the service.
after the service is running, if i run the sage software again, it hoses it.

how incredibly unpleasant. What am i doing wrong, and can i fix it without reinstalling each time?

thanks
Gig-E wired network
Old 01-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmm

Could it have something to do with running the sage service as a limited user?
I've ensured the user has full access to the drive where sage is installed as well as the media drive, but the sage user is not an administrator. The account i am running the sage software as when i am not running the service is an administrator.

That's the only major difference i can see between running as a program = works, and running as a service = can't get guide data.

Any ideas?
thanks
Gig-E wired network
Old 01-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yup, it is the account

OK!

Apparently a user with read/write/modify access to the main drive sage is installed on is not enough to run sage properly. According to my findings, the user must be an administrator.

Someone please chime in if this is
1) wrong, and i can have a sage service running as something less than admin
2) in the manual so i can feel shame.

thanks
Eric
Gig-E wired network
Old 01-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Administrator

As far as I know, you can't use a limited user account. This sounded to me like a permissions issue or change of location for the properties file, but I didn't remember how that could happen on an XP system instead of Vista/7, so your comment about the limited user account made sense when I read it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.