SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD300 cant play ripped movies ???

I am looking for some help with what must be operator error ...

I have been using Sage v7 with a PC based Client/Server (on same machine) configuration for some time. The movie collection is primarily ripped VIDEO_TS folders on NAS drive bays. Drives accessed using UNC paths. All this is fine.

I just purchased a HD300 to extend the Sage experience to another room. Install went fine (hard wired via Ethernet - coax converters). The extender can see the network/internet and is connecting to the server without trouble. I can play recorded TV (resides on an internal drive in the client/server box). I can browse the movie collection (using either the Sage menus or the MM but trying to play just does nothing..... (the 'watch this video now" dialog goes away but nothing happens and the video never starts.

I checked that the Service is running with a real account and not the local system and enabled the Externer/placeshifter service at the server..... is there something else i need to do???

Note from the media extender stand alone interface i can browse the folders and if i select a VIDEO_TS.VOB file can proceed through DVD menus to play the movies.

I have tried turning off the firewall but that didnt help ...... I know i must be missing something simple but nothing i can find in the forum seems to help.

I an out of ideas so all suggestions gratefully recieved.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Never mind .....

I seems that the problem was Fuzzys External Blurauy player plugin .... it was installed on the client/server PC and evidently this setting was applied to the HD300 ... i simply disabled the plugin in the HD300 et voila !!! no more problem.

I hope this post will help someone else.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Just out of curiosity did you try accessing the videos in the hd300 standalone mode? Just wondering if you are experiencing a folder/file permissions issue...
Old 03-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

ah, well nevermind. glad you figured it out!