SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Sage User

HD300 won't play movies via SMM

I have a SD300 setup as as an extender. I have MyMovies loaded and setup on a server.

I have installed Sage TV on the server and started it there. Configured the basics. Installed and enabled the SMM plugin as described on the Wiki.

On the SD300 I have configured it's video search folders. When I started all of this I had a hard time getting it to see my shares on the server and it was originally set to a drive letter M:\movies instead of the \\server\movies that is set inside MyMovies. (I found this to be a permissions issue which was fixed and appears OK now).

The SD300 sees all the cover art and displays it correctly. I can play a video from the SD300 stock interface. But if I try to play a movie from the MyMovies interface, it will not. I get the error that the MM and Sage search folders are different, and it shows them. They are not (now). It says I need to rebuild the MM OR the Sage databases.

As the MM was always pointed correctly I have not tried to rebuild it's database.

I have tried to rebuild the Sage database, but I cannot see any easy way to do it. On the SMM WIki somewhere it talked about deleting the MyMoviesDataBetaV1.205.data file. I didn't know how to stop the service, so I disabled the plug-in (on the Sage interface on the server), deleted the file, and restarted Sage. Re-enabled the plug-in and that file was recreated on the server.

That made things different but not fixed on the SD300 client. Now when I choose a movie from the SMM interface, the cover art for the selected album goes blank. The movie does not play. If I move the cursor around, whichever movie should be selected goes blank (cover art disappears). If I press back I get the prompt asking if I want to mark the movie watched.

Photos and the non SMM interface are working fine. So communication and permissions are OK. Just can't get SMM to work. I tried to completely uninstall all plug-ins on the Sage server interface, and then reinstall and re-enable them, but that did not work.

Can someone tell me how to get my SD300 synced with my MyMovies server?

I'm new at this, so if I'm missing providing some relevant piece of info, please let me know and I will provide asap.

Last edited by getgray; 01-23-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Try rebuilding your sagetv mm datafile

plugins--installed plugins--general

look for the smm api and hit enter go to configure go all the way to the bottom where it says rebuild datafile.

plucky
Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Sage User

Thanks Plucky, much appreciated. I did not look there. Will do as soon as I get home and let you know how it went.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage User

Plucky, that did not work.

If I turn the SD300 off, and back on, to get to that main menu (I don't know how to get there any other way), and I choose Video, I get the list of covers. I pick one and it plays, correctly.

If I go into the SageTV icon, then to Mymovies, then choose the same movie, nothing happens. But if I move the cursor after doing that selection, whatever cover I "land" on goes away. Move to a different cover, and the one I was on comes back and the new one goes away.

If I press "left" a couple of times to get out of the interface, back to the "Server" menu, it prompts me to say if I want to mark it watched or not.

It looks like it is trying to launch the movies, and thinks it did, but it did not.

What can I try to do to fix it next?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you rebuild the datafile and let it finish?

I would need to see logs trace logs per the wiki to help any further.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Sage User

Plucky: Yes, I did rebuild the database as instructed. And I waited until it was done before trying again.

I sent the log files to the gmail address per the Wiki instructions. I added my "getGray" userID to the subject to make it easier to locate.

I can also attach them here if you prefer.

Thank you very much for the help.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Sage User

Plucky, or anyone, is there anything else I can do or try to get this to work? My setup is pretty vanilla with the dedicated server and SD300 so I was (obviously) hoping this would work.

When I get to the server later today, I'll post the logs here in case that helps or anyone else knows how to look at them.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Sage User

Still struggling to get this going. I had a hard time getting the SD300 to come on at all tonight. Hard rebooted it and got it on. Fiddled some, discovered the utility to start and stop the sage server. Set the logon user to Administrator. Whatever I did got it back to the state where the SD300 gives the path mismatch error, but the paths match.

See attachment. Says "No Sage ID found to play this movie....." but Current Movie Path and Current import directory match.

Also, chose rebuild databse on the SD300. I had been trying to rebuild it from the server client software. Not sure which is right so I did both.

=======
Next, after some experimenting, I think I figured out how to get a clean log file. FIrst I stopped the service and cleared the log. Then on the actual server I started the Sage TV (client). Set the SMM to "trace" log level. Restarted the service (via the Sage utility). Executed the minimum steps to reproduce the error on the Server client. (Start SMM, arrow once to a SD DVD in my short list, press enter. OK on error, left twice to get out, exit Sage TV, stop service, copy log). I have attached that log file.

So, can you/anyone point me to a fix?

Thanks, Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage-error1.jpg (98.2 KB, 211 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagex-api.zip (13.1 KB, 166 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Give me a clean log rebuilding the datafile of smm and let
It finish.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Here you go. I think I did it right...
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagex-api.zip (26.2 KB, 175 views)
Old 01-28-2011, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

OKay I see this

Quote:
\\SERVER\Movies-Raid\
\\SERVER\Movies-Raid\
Which is a match but it isn't finding any matching videos. I am not quite sure what is causing it but I am wondering if the "-" is throwing it off on the matching...

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 01-28-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Sage User

They are both in the zip file.

"SageMyMovies.log" is what you need right? It's in there.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgray View Post
They are both in the zip file.

"SageMyMovies.log" is what you need right? It's in there.
Yeah I saw it and edited my post see above.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Sage User

I had been trying to troubleshoot late last night with an XP desktop based Sage TV client install. I had some trouble getting it to see the video too. I did change a couple of things, including renaming the share to just \\server\movies Whatever I did, the PC client started working.

Unfortunately, I can't test SMM on that client. Seems I'm hitting every possible anomaly , as I work up the tree of getting the HD300 to work with SMM. I tried (hard) to install SMM on that XP Sage TV client and I am getting the dreaded problem with "API failed". I followed all the instructions and suggestions in the related thread, none worked. Will try some more tonight.

Not to get OT but do you have any suggestions on how to get around the "API failed"? I'd run some logs for that, but as I can't get it to work, I'm not sure how to generate an applicable log. Any suggestions very welcome.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I had been trying to troubleshoot late last night with an XP desktop based Sage TV client install. I had some trouble getting it to see the video too. I did change a couple of things, including renaming the share to just \\server\movies Whatever I did, the PC client started working.

Unfortunately, I can't test SMM on that client. Seems I'm hitting every possible anomaly , as I work up the tree of getting the HD300 to work with SMM. I tried (hard) to install SMM on that XP Sage TV client and I am getting the dreaded problem with "API failed". I followed all the instructions and suggestions in the related thread, none worked. Will try some more tonight.

Not to get OT but do you have any suggestions on how to get around the "API failed"? I'd run some logs for that, but as I can't get it to work, I'm not sure how to generate an applicable log. Any suggestions very welcome.
Do you have the collection manager installed on the client? That is required.

As for the name change that should help did you rebuild your datafile because the log you send me still had the -raid in the name

pluckster
Old 01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Do you have the collection manager installed on the client? That is required.
I did at one point, but I did not explicitly check it. I was under the impression it just had to be on the network and that the WHS server install of MM took care of that. I had taken that to be the case for the XP client since I can't install the collection manager on the Sage HD300 client. Which is what I'm workign toward getting running. Anyway, unless you tell me otherwise I will check and/or install collection manager on the client PC.

Quote:
As for the name change that should help did you rebuild your datafile because the log you send me still had the -raid in the name
Yes, I made that change late last night long after sending the log file. If it does not work this time I will generate a new log file.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did at one point, but I did not explicitly check it. I was under the impression it just had to be on the network and that the WHS server install of MM took care of that. I had taken that to be the case for the XP client since I can't install the collection manager on the Sage HD300 client. Which is what I'm workign toward getting running. Anyway, unless you tell me otherwise I will check and/or install collection manager on the client PC.

Yes, I made that change late last night long after sending the log file. If it does not work this time I will generate a new log file.

The WHS is just a server you need the collection manager on your a client pc running sagetv. The extender runs from the server so it works that way. Also you need the collection manager on a pc somewhere otherwise you can't manage your collection

And no prob.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Sage User

OK. I'm getting proficient at running logs and reinstalling anyway. But alas, I am unable to get SMM to work on a PC client or a HD300.

Here's what I've tried:
Uninstalled Sage from server
removed it's directory from program files.
Reinstalled (via a add-in in WHS console)
Manually set service to start as valid user with drive mapping (and admin) rights.
Set SageTV shortcut to also run as valid user when you launch it.
Via remote desktop to WHS, Start SageTV, logged in as valid user to start
Went through stock client config. Accepted default answers
Answered yes to enable server, and extender
Removed stock media directories
Add my share. Drill down won't work. No idea why. Gets to "Workgroup" and says invalid directory.
So I type in the share \\SERVER\Movies, case specific
It is happy with this and shows the list of movie folders.
Test video access via DVD option, All movies are listed with their cover art icons
Install plug-in
Access video via SMM menu item, list view
Get "No sage ID found for this movie" but paths match perfectly.
Set log to trace
stop service
clear log file
restart service

Start collecting log files.
================
On the HD300, I can watch video from the stock menu, but if I choose SMM and select a movie, the movie does not start, and once I have done this, I loose the cover art selection "button" on all screens. The selected cover art "disappears" Apparently regardless of view. For example in list view, I see the background, but there is no longer any movie cover to "select", pressing enter does nothing.

===============
I also attached a fresh log of rescanning

==============
On the XP PC, I uninstalled all SageTV. Deleted the Program Files directory. Reinstalled SageTV CLIENT. Started the program, OK through 2 nag screens about the trial version, it finds and connects to the server. The SageMM is not an option on it's menu. I look at the plug-ins from the XP Sage Client, now I have a third option, server plug-ins and client plug-ins. Client plug-ins are empty. I go into server plug-ins and it shows the SageMM as disabled. I try to enable it and it says it will not as it is missing a dependency, but does not say what dependency. I see the sage ex plug-in has an option to install it to the client, too. I tried that but it made no difference. Collection manager is running on the XP box. The XP box is logged in as the same user that SageTV is running as on the WHS server.

=============
On the WHS server desktop itself, I've had it either report the that shares don't match (but they do). But now, it's giving a black video screen with no video. As the normal video link does the same thing, I just guessed this was due to the WHS server not being able to play video on the desktop.

Logs attached. 3 individual ones in one zip. One for rescan, one for WHS client, one for HD300 client. I can't get it to run at all on the PC so I can't get a log for that one.

Thanks for the help.

Scott
Attached Files
File Type: zip smm-logs.zip (50.4 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by getgray; 01-29-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Sage User

Let me know if there is something else I do to help. Unfortunately I don't know what to look for in the logs.

Thanks, Scott
Old 02-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Sage User

Plucky, do you know if you'll have time to look at, and hopefully resolve my issue?

If not, I understand, but I need to try to unload/sell the new HD300 if that's the case. Without your MM interface, I'd prefer to use a different device.

Happy to help any way I can, but I'm at a a brick wall with my skills at debugging the problem.

Thanks. Scott