SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

TV Support announced for users with 2500 points

Looks very promising hopefully we can get this into sagetv soon

Release

Folder Structure Discussed

What I find most interesting is this

Quote:
we have per agreement with TheTVDB.com created our own structure for the data and have loaded the data available from TheTVDB.com into our own services.
MyMovies servers have always been known for much better speed than TMDB or TVDB and seem to handle the high volume much better without timing out. The fact they are serving the TVDB data from their service is very promising I think.

If anyone tries it please let me know your results of the metadata. (although it could screw up SMM a bit not sure on that).

Cheers
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

I am seeing "windows 7 only". I am on vista, ugh so dont want to upgrade OS. Guess I need to investigate.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 03-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

No, it lists Vista.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows Vista Home Premium
Windows Vista Ultimate

I am installing now. Plucky, what specific info can I get you?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does anyone know if the TV functionality will still cost 2500 points when it goes final, or is that just for Pre-Release fun? I'm at 1250 points, and it would be another $50 bucks to get to 2500. And while I like MyMovies and support the developer, it's going to be a tough sell for me at $100 all told.

And yes I know I can get points by submitting stuff, but almost all of my movies are already at 100%, I've submitted everything I can and got about 43 points... not enough for TV support. lol
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 03-01-2011, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Does anyone know if the TV functionality will still cost 2500 points when it goes final, or is that just for Pre-Release fun? I'm at 1250 points, and it would be another $50 bucks to get to 2500. And while I like MyMovies and support the developer, it's going to be a tough sell for me at $100 all told.

And yes I know I can get points by submitting stuff, but almost all of my movies are already at 100%, I've submitted everything I can and got about 43 points... not enough for TV support. lol
I would be shocked if it required anything for the metadata and the fanart will probably be 1000 points like it is now.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, it did something... bad. For some reason I now see a whopping 3 movies Not sure what's up.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post
Well, it did something... bad. For some reason I now see a whopping 3 movies Not sure what's up.
ouch that is why they call it beta though hopefully ou backed up your database
Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yep. I am doing a complete rescan in MyMovies as well just to see what happens. I can't even begin to figure why it shows those 3 particular movies Any logs or anything you want Plucky?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep. I am doing a complete rescan in MyMovies as well just to see what happens. I can't even begin to figure why it shows those 3 particular movies Any logs or anything you want Plucky?
I don't handle the collection manager so i can't help much there even with logs go to the beta forum on mymovies.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I meant in terms of SMM. It was SMM showing 3 titles, not CM That said I uninstalled and reinstalled SMM and refreshed the database and I have them all back. So that's good. It does not display the TV shows I added in any way, but I guess I can't be surprised by that!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

madpoet: what OS are you running?

I will be adding my tv stuff tonite I hope. Would love, if for the moment, CM saw them and let me maintain them, and SMM just ignored them. That would be perfect!
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 03-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm running MM on a Vista box. The GUI changes that require Win7 only apply to the actual app within MCE. If you don't use MCE then the new database functionality and CM work perfectly well on Vista. So far the auto detection kind of sucks. But I've been able to manually add just fine. I wish there was a way to let it detect episodic content on full ISO rips as well, but I guess I'll have to rip them all down.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 2500 points are for the pre-release version only.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm running MM on a Vista box. The GUI changes that require Win7 only apply to the actual app within MCE. If you don't use MCE then the new database functionality and CM work perfectly well on Vista. So far the auto detection kind of sucks. But I've been able to manually add just fine. I wish there was a way to let it detect episodic content on full ISO rips as well, but I guess I'll have to rip them all down.
Episode support is coming for full rips but not iso mode as it is too complicated to parse from a iso. Also per the release notes this update has no new features for full rips it is a episode rips update.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Cool, I might have to download this and give it a try. Is SMM able to talk to MM 4 (less the new TV data of course)?

Now here's the part I'm interested in:
Quote:
Disc (DVD, Blu-ray, HD DVD) Support
The My Movies 4 Pre Release does not bring extended TV Series support to DVD, Blu-ray or HD DVD disc titles, including offline titles, or titles in VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders, or ISO image files. Disc titles that are marked as having "TV Serie" content will be placed in the "tv serie library" section of the application, but otherwise will be browsed the way they have always been in My Movies 3.

It has been a priority for us to ensure that the TV series structure functions correct for file structure usage, which is expected to be the primary usage for this functionality, and then once we are sure that everything is correct here both in regards to the structure, data and interface, we will extend the functionality to disc title usage as well.

This means that to help this process you can mark your TV serie disc titles with the "TV Serie" content type option, and then in the disc editing dialog edit titles and chapters on the discs to map these to season and episode numbers - this will allow for the disc title to be handled correct by the TV serie functionality when extended for disc title usage.
I'm a little confused, they say that TV on disc is not supported in the pre release, but the last paragraph states that you can enter the data. So my question is, is it just the UI that is lacking the TV on disc support, ie can you (Plucky) get the TV show on disc data out of the database even in the prerelease?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Cool, I might have to download this and give it a try. Is SMM able to talk to MM 4 (less the new TV data of course)?

Now here's the part I'm interested in:

I'm a little confused, they say that TV on disc is not supported in the pre release, but the last paragraph states that you can enter the data. So my question is, is it just the UI that is lacking the TV on disc support, ie can you (Plucky) get the TV show on disc data out of the database even in the prerelease?
Let me know if that last part is functiong in the collection manager. If so you know I can get the data . Maybe he just meant it isn't automated for full rips yet. Interested to here what you find out.

Now the only way I can make this work is if you do native rips or at least it will be easier for me that way. Also I wouldn't be able to keep multiple episode locations within the same disc.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Let me know if that last part is functiong in the collection manager. If so you know I can get the data . Maybe he just meant it isn't automated for full rips yet. Interested to here what you find out.
It was actually there in CM in the 3.18 Beta 4 or whatever. When you hit the option to define chapters it asked you if it was a movie or TV, and if you picked TV, you could specify which chapters applied to which episodes.

Didn't work for BD since the scanner couldn't find any titles/chapters.

Quote:
Now the only way I can make this work is if you do native rips or at least it will be easier for me that way. Also I wouldn't be able to keep multiple episode locations within the same disc.
Well that would be the basic point, not having to do any fancy parsing or anything. Though you could always define your own custom chapters and whatnot probably in CM if you were determined to do "special" rips.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Angry

Before anyone gets too carried away, you can't even use the beta (even just Collection Management) without 2500 points.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have 2500... I added some isos and marked them as TV Series. Looks like all the disc editing is in there including mapping the chapters. So I think it is there to be pulled.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have 2500... I added some isos and marked them as TV Series. Looks like all the disc editing is in there including mapping the chapters. So I think it is there to be pulled.
It won't puyll automatically until later. That being said ISO's is not the way to go I will have no way to jump to titles like I can with a native rip.