SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Java Problems in BMT (maybe)

Hello all. Been using BMT for some time now and love it. I have recently had some issues which show up in BMT but may have other causes.

Recently started recieving this error in ie 8.

Line: 2339
Char: 65
Code: 0
URI: http://server:8080/bmt/bmtweb/C3E091...96D.cache.html

Can not get to tools menu or browse any videos in the browsing area. I can get into the browsing area it just wont go beyond that. Spinning arrows forever.

Thought I would try Chrome.

Can get into BMT in chrome and browse and all but its the login that is funny. I can entry through the web apps page and enter a password. When going into BMT it will take the password and I have to hit login a number of times before it loads completely. Each time I hit login it will display pheonix information, then sagetv information, then let me do what I want. Also have attempted to create a support request and BMT will do it but I get an error.

500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details

There is nothing in the server logs and the resulting zip file is corrupt and can not be opened.

Would appreciate any help with this matter.

By the way, the page error only occurs on one of two clients but the support request happens on both.

Mike
Old 02-09-2011, 05:09 AM
SageTVaholic

I experience this from time to time as well... it's usually falls into one of 2 categrories...

1. Browser Cache - So, pick a browser (preferably chrome) and then clear all browser data. You can do this in one of 2 ways... 1. Wrench Icon -> Tools -> Clear User Data or just hit Shift + Reload on the page a few times. You may get the multiple login happening the first time, but after that your should be fine.

2. Jar Issue. This might happen if for some reason the jars were not extracted correctly. Typically in this case, the errors very visible int he logs.

You can still try sending me the .zip and see if I can open it. It might be that for some reason you zip client is having an issue with the produced file.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the reply stuckless.

Already clear the cache more than once even.

No errors in log about jars or anything else.

Tried opening the zip on a couple of different machines and had no luck.

I'm beginning to believe I just have an issue with this one client machine. Everything is working just the way it's suppose to with the exception of the browser issues on this one client.

Again thanks for the respomse and keep up the wonderful work.

Mike
Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by firenice View Post
Thanks for the reply stuckless.

Already clear the cache more than once even.

No errors in log about jars or anything else.

Tried opening the zip on a couple of different machines and had no luck.

I'm beginning to believe I just have an issue with this one client machine. Everything is working just the way it's suppose to with the exception of the browser issues on this one client.

Again thanks for the respomse and keep up the wonderful work.

Mike
I wish I could offer some reason to why a single client machine would act this way.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I wish I could offer some reason to why a single client machine would act this way.
Just wanted to follow up and tell you I had to re-register the ie8 .dll files. Something I did a few days back hosed them for some reason. I believe it was JavaRa that I have to thank for that.

All is well now and thanks.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by firenice View Post
Just wanted to follow up and tell you I had to re-register the ie8 .dll files. Something I did a few days back hosed them for some reason. I believe it was JavaRa that I have to thank for that.

All is well now and thanks.
Glad you got it all resolved.