SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-01-2011, 05:07 PM

No Audio on 2nd Recording

Hello,

Got an issue where i create to scheduled recordings in SageTv and the 2nd one has no audio! I've tested the audio in SageTv and its all fine before and after the recordings. But the 2nd scheduled recording has no audio.

Im using MPEG audio decoder.

Any ideas?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Sage Expert

Try examining the recording with Media Info to see if there is an audio track in the file. What is the source (cablebox/QAM/OTA/satelite/etc) and what is the capture device (HDPVR/r5000/etc)? Without more details we can only guess
Old 02-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Thanks for your reply.

You'll have to forgive me i'm a bit of a noob with this.

Source: Dunno which one lol, but i've got the device connected to an analogue antenna which is receiving standard Australian TV signals (the channel i'm testing is HD).

Device: WinFast PalmTop DTV200 H

Interestingly i changed the audio decoder from MPEG to SageTV MPEG and the problem has gone on the last few recordings i have done. The only time i have experienced an issue was my first test where, weirdly, the first scheduled recording had no audio but the 2nd one did! But the last few tests have all been fine.

Could it have been an issue where SageTV thought the MPEG decoder was in use for the second recording?

I'll test out Media Info
Old 02-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Sage Expert

The trick is to figure out whether the problem is a capture problem or a playback problem. You are using an OTA setup and I'm not sure what system Oz uses, but since you are testing HD I would assume it's a digital broadcast. If that is the case the tuner just copies the signal to the hard drive so odds are it's a playback issue. Try looking at the file with media info and seeing if there is indeed an audio track; I expect there will be. You could also try playing back the file using Windows Media Player or VLC as a test.

Since you haven't had any subsequent problems though it may be a moot point Hopefully changing the decoder fixed the issue.