SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Sage User

No sageID found to play for this movie

OK - looks like the same problem a lot of people are having. I've checked th see directories are tha same, same case etc.
I use CQC, and because of the way it works, when I add a movie to mymovies,
if its a file like xxx.mkv, I have to go specify the actual file name as the location. ie. in the Disc(s) icon of my movies collection manager, I specify the location type as online file, then in location, I specify the mkv file path.
If it's a DVD, then its described as an online folder, with the video_ts directory as the location.
CQC then passes these pointers over to sage at paly time.
I'm wondering if this is causing issues with your plugin?
Thanks for all the work - this plugin is the reason why I upgraded to version t

When I go to mmFolders, I have 0 files! But I can see all my movies in the different views!

Last edited by comet48; 11-24-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Sage User

Partial good news - only problems with DVD's now - the mymovies pointer is to the video_ts file
Old 11-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage Fanatic

I could be wrong here but I don't think Sage My Movies supports the other file locations that you have the option for in Collection Management. I too have tried the "Online (File)" as well as "Online (Folder Content)" and Sage My Movies did not find the file to play. I have to use "Online (Folder)". It seems like when Sage My Movies was in development, I read that you had to use the "Online (Folder)" option.

So, either I was doing something wrong or the only option supported is the "Online (Folder)" method. The fix is fairly easy though... just put each movie in its own folder
Old 11-24-2010, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

You can point to a file or a folder it doesn't matter to smm. However remember if you at changing movies already added it will involve rebuilding the database or waiting until the next scan to pick up the saved change.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Sage User

Thanks - I'm not changing anything. And the links work correctly when sent from CQC, so the Sage and mymovies links correspond.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Sage User

Not sure if this is related, but I've noticed that when I add a new movie file in Collection Manager, if I manually type in the location it doesn't link properly and the movie wont play. However, when I use the browse feature to point to to the file instead, it works fine. Figured it was a MyMovies bug, and since it never really made any difference to me, I've kept using this method.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet48 View Post
Thanks - I'm not changing anything. And the links work correctly when sent from CQC, so the Sage and mymovies links correspond.
That does not mean they correspond if you are sending the file path to sagetv via cqc it is going to play regardless. I think you have a linking error remember paths must match and are case sensitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCguy View Post
Not sure if this is related, but I've noticed that when I add a new movie file in Collection Manager, if I manually type in the location it doesn't link properly and the movie wont play. However, when I use the browse feature to point to to the file instead, it works fine. Figured it was a MyMovies bug, and since it never really made any difference to me, I've kept using this method.
Probably a case error in your part when manually typing remember they are case sensitive.