SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can I use SMM without MyMovies?

I really like the UI for SMM.

I tried the collection manager but on Win7 it is useless. It looks ugly and it works really really slow.

It can only handle DVD's or a single file in a directory, so forget about TV shows organized into directories.

I already have the metadata for all of my files in Sage through BMT.

Can I just use the UI for SMM?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Sage Fanatic

Simple answer, no

TV Support is coming, both in MM and in the upcoming Ploxee plugin

I use collection manager daily in vista with 1400 movies and it is quite fast, even on my ~average pc.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 10-22-2010, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah I use on multiple w7 machines and don't notice any speed issues.

There are more options coming like full bmt support but it is a ways off.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, as has been noted you have to use the collection manager to get the SMM UI. As far as the CM being slow... it’s fast for me too, and that’s through a remote session.

The beauty of the CM is it can be set up to not be touched, or at least, on limited occasions. Once folder monitoring is set, movies get added as soon as you add them to the watched folder. The CM is not perfect but pretty close, and it's a simple click to change them if it gets them wrong.

I’ve also found that naming the movie and folder to IMDB title is best, also include the year. I like the year in parentheses just like is displayed on IMDB. I actually search for the title and copy it so I don’t FFS it on my rip. The addition of the year really helps for all the re-make movies (Alice in Wonderland (1951) & Alice in Wonderland (2010)) and if you copy and paste the title from the IMDB version you retain any nuance to the naming.

Once in a while the CM gets them wrong, then go in there and change it. Yes, the initial setup can be a pain... But if you wan’t SMM UI that’s the price of admission; currently.

Have you used BMT’s feature to automatically import TV content into your recording’s directory? I really like that option. It just sucks archived TV series into where I find it most useful--the recordings directory. Until I use a hybrid setup where everything is commingled, I'm not sure if I'd like that. I'm keeping an open mind with Ploxee and others integrating movies and TV, but right now for me I like them separate...
Old 10-22-2010, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Have you used BMT’s feature to automatically import TV content into your recording’s directory? I really like that option. It just sucks archived TV series into where I find it most useful--the recordings directory. Until I use a hybrid setup where everything is commingled, I'm not sure if I'd like that. I'm keeping an open mind with Ploxee and others integrating movies and TV, but right now for me I like them separate...
I am amazed so many people import their none recorded tv into the tv section. To me if it isn't recorded I dont want it there.

As for combining ploxee and others are all about combing tv and movies using the same views you dont have to have tv and movies combined at the same time. I keep mine seperate but it is more about having a common view/ interface to view them in
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Well, if you'd just release the damn thing we all could get to play and share in the glory of combining sources