SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Sage Expert

BMT vs SMM?

I have both BMT and SMM installed. BMT is a godsend for the ripped TV Series, SMM is a great interface for the movie collection. But I'm starting to wonder if they're scrapping it out over my movies folder. I have \\NAS\\Multimedia\Video mapped as an import folder, which contains \TV Series\ and \Movies\. All movies appear in SMM and in folder view in the standard UI with fanart and correct titles.

Periodically, the movie titles get wiped out. No title shown in the standard UI, confirmed as blank in BMT. If i initiate a manual scan of the folder from BMT, the titles are repopulated. By the end of the day, they're blank again.

Any suggestions as to what log files etc might help figure out whats going on?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

They shouldn't get blank out. I don't write to the db at all...

Do you have Mymovies collection manager outputting property files? If so i would turn that off if using bmt or setup bmt to ignore your video/movie folders and only scrap your tv folders. If you do that information in default sage and mymovies interface will match for your movies.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Everytime BMT updates a file, it writes a single line output to a log file, logs/phoenix-metadata.log. So you could check that log and see how many times BMT is updating your file. I suspect that it's only doing it once, since BMT will never overwrite metadata if the file has been populated. Actually bmt won't even scan a file if it has metadata, but it may write a SKIPPED entry to the logs/phoenix-metadata.log.

While I don't think there are any collisions between SMM and bmt, I have had the occasional issue with Ortus (specifically, ortus trailers and ortus mq) in the past. I think there is some subsystem in ortus that does metadata as well, so I guess that's a 3rd option.

I guess, to truly test this... you may need to go without one or more plugins installed for a bit. ie, you can scan with bmt, then remove the bmt and phoenix core plugin and see what happens. Likewise, you can leave bmt install, but remove ortus-*, for a period of time and see what happens, etc.

it seems odd that any plugin would actually blank out fields. You might also want to check if you have any .properties lying around for those mediafiles, and see if they contain empty fields as well.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Sage Expert

Thank you chaps. I had Ortus Trailers installed so have removed that along with the core and mq. Will update if that looks to have done the trick.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Sage Expert

Doesn't look like it was Ortus, titles have been deleted again since I removed the plugin and dependents. Will try disabling BMT and SMM over the next few days.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
Doesn't look like it was Ortus, titles have been deleted again since I removed the plugin and dependents. Will try disabling BMT and SMM over the next few days.
Is smm collection manager exporting property files? If it is uncheck that option.

I personally don't write to the database at all so I know it can't be smm. (unless magic is happening) but it maybe could be the propeties files issue.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Sage Expert

There are no .properties files in any import dirs and the option is not checked in collection manager.

I can't be sure without going through every movie but it looks like the files that get blanked out are the .ts, which were originally recorded via Sage, file copied out of Sage dirs, deleted via Sage UI, then edited and added to the movie import folder.

For the next test I've uninstalled BMT and disabled the Phoenix Core Services plugin. Will update again!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:28 PM
SageTVaholic

To be clear they are getting blanket out in the default not smm correct?
Old 09-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Sage Expert

That's right. All the data is still shown in SMM but in the default folder view (and BMT), the title fields are empty.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage Expert

Titles wiped again. Is there anything in the Sage core that could be causing this?
Old 09-12-2010, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
Titles wiped again. Is there anything in the Sage core that could be causing this?
I don't know... you could try to submit a bug with sagetv and see what they have to say about it.