SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

MyMovies icon and sorting issues

I've been pretty busy so haven't been on the forum much but have noticed a couple of issues that have been going on for the last couple of MyMovies updates as well as SageTV beta updates. A quick search of the forum and I didn't find any info so thought I'd ask

The first has to do with sorting. The sorting is working on some of my views but not all. I like to sort a couple of views by Collection Number in reverse order so it puts my new movies at the beginning. This works in some views but it doesn't work in Folder view I know for sure (maybe other views too but I'll have to check).

The other thing I've noticed is that the MyMovies icon in the upper status bar never goes away. I'm talking about the icon that is supposed to show that MyMovies is scanning media. This icon comes up after Sage does its media scan. It used to go away but I know for at least the last couple updates it is always up there. The last couple times I added ripped DVDs to the hard drive and CM picked them up, no matter what I did Sage MyMovies would not see the new movies until I did a database rebuild (tried scanning as well as rebooting the computer but nothing worked and I even let Sage sit for a few days after CM picked them up). Not sure if these two items might be related or ?

Just wondering if anybody else is seeing similar issues? If you need more info (like all views where sorting isn't working properly) just let me know. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 AM
SageTVaholic

If the icon is never going away then you have issues (ie the scan/import is hanging and never finishing.)

I need more details about the sorts that aren't working.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
The other thing I've noticed is that the MyMovies icon in the upper status bar never goes away.
I have noticed the same thing.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
I have noticed the same thing.
Can't do much without logs
Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
If the icon is never going away then you have issues (ie the scan/import is hanging and never finishing.)

That would explain why it isn't auto updating...
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

I'll do some reading and figure out how to get you some logs and attach those as soon as I can.

I just went through all the views and all sorting works except for MMFolders. When in that view the movies are all sorted by title. It shows that I can select Collection Number, for example, but nothing happens when I select it. Also, if I go completely out of Sage MyMovies and back to the Sage main menu then back into Sage MyMovies, the "Collection Number" sort is still showing as the sort method but all folders are still being sorted by title.

Thanks!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll do some reading and figure out how to get you some logs and attach those as soon as I can.

I just went through all the views and all sorting works except for MMFolders. When in that view the movies are all sorted by title. It shows that I can select Collection Number, for example, but nothing happens when I select it. Also, if I go completely out of Sage MyMovies and back to the Sage main menu then back into Sage MyMovies, the "Collection Number" sort is still showing as the sort method but all folders are still being sorted by title.

Thanks!!!
Error found and fixed for the MMFolders sorting issue in the next build
Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Good deal! Thanks, Plucky!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey brent just found a cool feature in the latest pre-beta build you can change your collection number so you can keep your order however you want that way.

cheers,

pluckyhd
Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for all your efforts, Plucky!

Also, I've been very busy and haven't been able to keep up much in the forums but see where there are some problems with the newer version of Collection Manager. I'm fairly certain I have the version that you mention in the other thread (as I did an update recently) and am thinking that may be the reason my icon at the top isn't going away. I'll have some time this weekend to play around a bit (I hope!) and if I don't see more about the newer version stuff, I'll get you some logs... but I think it may be related.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll have to look into that. Thanks for all your efforts, Plucky!

Also, I've been very busy and haven't been able to keep up much in the forums but see where there are some problems with the newer version of Collection Manager. I'm fairly certain I have the version that you mention in the other thread (as I did an update recently) and am thinking that may be the reason my icon at the top isn't going away. I'll have some time this weekend to play around a bit (I hope!) and if I don't see more about the newer version stuff, I'll get you some logs... but I think it may be related.

Thanks!
The newer version will be fixed in the next build it is a database change issue they moved stuff around I already have it fixed
Old 09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hey brent just found a cool feature in the latest pre-beta build you can change your collection number so you can keep your order however you want that way.

cheers,

pluckyhd
Actually you're already able to change the collection number in the current production version 3.16 of Collection Manager. The reason I tried this is that I've run into some cases where Collection Manager created duplicate collection numbers (not sure again what caused it - possibly importing single titles from DVD Profiler), so I had to correct these. Works very well.

Cheers,
teq