SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Sage User

newby needs help with video files

First off I'm new to Sage TV. I'm trying the beta 7v because of the file playback support (ISO specifically), interface and my planned purchase of the HD300 extender.

I have a number of Blu Ray ISO files that don't show up (located in J:\Blu Ray Movies\movie.iso). Only one movie shows up, Appaloosa, which is contained in a BDMV file; and it won't "play", it will show a frozen screen from the movie. DVD's (E:\Movie\Video_TS) file will play the audio only, no picture.

I was under the impression that I could play these files, even from the menu.

Am I doing something wrong? Do they have to be structured in a certain way? Do I need to mount them with a software player (I have DAEMON Tools Lite installed)?

I appreciate any help or pointers.

Regards
Old 09-10-2010, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by untechnoman View Post
First off I'm new to Sage TV. I'm trying the beta 7v because of the file playback support (ISO specifically), interface and my planned purchase of the HD300 extender.

I have a number of Blu Ray ISO files that don't show up (located in J:\Blu Ray Movies\movie.iso). Only one movie shows up, Appaloosa, which is contained in a BDMV file; and it won't "play", it will show a frozen screen from the movie. DVD's (E:\Movie\Video_TS) file will play the audio only, no picture.

I was under the impression that I could play these files, even from the menu.

Am I doing something wrong? Do they have to be structured in a certain way? Do I need to mount them with a software player (I have DAEMON Tools Lite installed)?

I appreciate any help or pointers.

Regards
The blu-ray of appaloosa is a vc-1 video. there are problems playing that video type right now. Try a movie that is h.264 and see if it works.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Sage User

Thanks, I will try. All my other BDs are in ISO format. Any idea why they don't how up in list. Any idea why DVD's don't play, except audio?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by untechnoman View Post
Thanks, I will try. All my other BDs are in ISO format. Any idea why they don't how up in list. Any idea why DVD's don't play, except audio?

Thanks
Edit Sage.properties and make sure .iso is in the
Code:
seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions
entry. As always be sure Sage is closed and the service is stopped before making any changes to the properties file.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Sage User

I did check.. it was already listed, so...
Old 09-10-2010, 08:00 PM

Do you have Virtual Clone Drive installed on your SageTV server? If not it needs to be installed and then you have to re-scan your media library from the advanced menu.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Sage User

Is Virtual Clone Drive similar to my Daemon Tools Lite software drive installed? Is the idea that I need to "mount" the ISO image (Blu Ray & DVD) in order to play the movie? Is it free?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Virtual Clone Drive is a free utility available from the guys over at Slysoft.

Its the same idea as Daemon Tools, except it works better I used to use Daemon Tools but have since switched to VCD.

Once you have VCD installed and have some Virtual Drives enabled, Sage can auto-mount your ISO files for you when you want to play them.

-Striker-
Old 09-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Sage Expert

Does having VCD installed affect whether or not Sage shows ISOs? Also I seem to remember that it needs to be installed by the user account that the service is using if you are running in service mode. Don't have the thread handy at the moment though.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Sage User

Ok, I've installed VCD; went through the detail settings (via the manual). What I have now is the ability to play DVDs (the ones that are in a folder structure). However, they all play with the subtitles on, regardless of being turned off... don't know what's going on there.

Also, I still can't see any folders containing ISO files, which are what the vast amount of my (mostly BD) library is. I currently have no Sage Client setup (for now), if that means anything; I just have media server setup.

Does anybody play their ISOs from this application? If so, first, how are they "seen" in the DVD/BD menu? FYI: I've structured each folder by movie name with its own ISO file in J:\Blu Ray Movies (e.g. J:\Blu Ray Movies\Pelham 123\PELHAM_123.iso).

Another question, does VCD mount Blu Ray ISOs. If so, I have been unable to do so. It doesn't indicate that capability on their web site.

Thanks in advance for any help.