SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Software tweaks to help improve My Movies performance on HD-200?

Currently, when pulling up Wall View or Genre view, it takes a little bit of time to pull movie covers from my sageTV server onto the screen of my HD-200. Im not sure if there are any tweaks which might help improve the speed of pulling up the movie covers on the screen. In a perfect world, popping up all the covers on the screen at the same time would be nice.

Both the HD-200 and server is connected to a gigabit ethernet switch. All artwork, components of sageTV, and the OS itself are sitting on a high end SSD drive on the server for fastest possible disk access speed. I just increased the java heap size to 512MB's to give some more breathing room for sageTV. I'm using the latest version of Java on the server and the latest beta firmware on my HD200.

Anything else I could do without throwing more hardware at my setup? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-01-2010, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Turn poster fade in off as per the wiki suggestion will make a world of difference on the extender.

Also of not for some views in the next build I have added an extender mode button which will set the necessary recommended options for that view for the extenders.

But the above recomdation will elimate your problem. The extenders just background load way to slow for that option.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Also I would recommend 750gb to 1gb for java heap.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Plucky. I just turned off posted fade in and it fixed the issue with the wall view.

I'm curious if there's anything I could try to improve the performance of "new movie" previews on genre view. My understanding is that the special effect is supposed to have a flashlight effect and populate the new movies from left to right as soon as a new category is selected. It looks like when I highlight a new Genre/category, I see something that may not be intended to be seen; and, may be caused by lack of performance... so, when I select a new category, I first see one or so of the "new movie" covers with a couple of blank space holders show to the far right first.. then a split second later, I see what looks like the intended way to display the posters, from left to right. If there's a way to eliminate the first thing I described and jump directly to populating the "new movie" covers from left to right, that would be great if at all possible.

Also, speaking of Genres and "new movie" cover previews, I'm having trouble getting the sorting to work correctly. Sorry if this isn't related performance, but I thought I'd sneak in the question here since I keep forgetting to ask... Anyway, I would like to see the newest "new movie" cover first when I select a category. When I tried changing sorting by date (toggling ascending/descending), I dont see the latest movie I originally copied to the download folder in the respective category. Maybe it's using the time/date at which the movie was scanned into Collection Management's database? Any tips to get it to sort by the date I originally copied the file to the movies folder?

Thanks again,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-02-2010, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

For the first one to turn poster fade in off for that view as well I believe on group view like that the option is a bit down further in the custom options. Remember all settings are per view in the custom tab. To accomadate custom views.

The other issue it defaults to date added unless you changed it but it is date added to the mymovies collection manager. It would take a bit of time to get the date every file was made or modified so that won't happen ad it would be too slow.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Where can I tweak the java heap?

Thanks
Greg
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a property file but the easy way is look for registry settings by babgvant.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you. A quick google search and voila.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I just changed my server to a heap size of 1024 from 0. Made a HUGE difference on my HD100! I can actually use Wall view and poster view now!