SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

How to automatically/immediately update front/back cover, artists in monitored folder

I know I must have the wrong settings set. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I need to change in the settings to get mymovies/collection management to download front/back cover, background poster, actor info, etc as soon as I copy a movie file to a mymovies/collection management monitored folder.

Things I've done:
-Purchased 2500 points
-Added folders to monitor that I copy my movie mkv files to (within respective folders).
-Selected Folder Monitoring: Operating Type: Loose, Operating Location: My Movies Tray Application

I might be mistaken, but it looks like the only way I can get mymovies to update the new added movies is to open up Collection Management and select update all content. All I know for sure is it doesnt happen immediately after copying the file to the monitored folder.

Also, I'm not sure where/when the artwork (front/back cover, poster/backgrounds) are stored. I can see back/front cover pictures on most of my movie folders, but the newly added movies only have mymovies.xml/dvdid.xml files (without the pictures in the respective folders). However, when I open up collection management, I can see the front/back cover of the newly added movies.

Ultimately, all I want is for mymovies/collection management to just automatically download all artwork, actor info, etc as soon as I copy a movie mkv file to the monitored folder (similar to how BMI automatic plugin does). Hopefully, its as simple as changing the wrong setting in collection management.

Thanks in advance!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-29-2010, 03:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I know I must have the wrong settings set. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I need to change in the settings to get mymovies/collection management to download front/back cover, background poster, actor info, etc as soon as I copy a movie file to a mymovies/collection management monitored folder.

Things I've done:
-Purchased 2500 points
-Added folders to monitor that I copy my movie mkv files to (within respective folders).
-Selected Folder Monitoring: Operating Type: Loose, Operating Location: My Movies Tray Application

I might be mistaken, but it looks like the only way I can get mymovies to update the new added movies is to open up Collection Management and select update all content. All I know for sure is it doesnt happen immediately after copying the file to the monitored folder.

Also, I'm not sure where/when the artwork (front/back cover, poster/backgrounds) are stored. I can see back/front cover pictures on most of my movie folders, but the newly added movies only have mymovies.xml/dvdid.xml files (without the pictures in the respective folders). However, when I open up collection management, I can see the front/back cover of the newly added movies.

Ultimately, all I want is for mymovies/collection management to just automatically download all artwork, actor info, etc as soon as I copy a movie mkv file to the monitored folder (similar to how BMI automatic plugin does). Hopefully, its as simple as changing the wrong setting in collection management.

Thanks in advance!
I use strict folder monitoring and CM finds everything on its own. I also set it to the tray application. Try that and see if that helps.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks! I just changed those two settings. Sometimes I will rip movies.. one at a time; which usually takes 15-20 minutes or so per movie. Will CM still be able to update/download pictures every time a movie is dropped into the monitored folder? I keep seeing the message that I can only update once per hour with 2500 points. Is that the reason why I dont see pictures getting downloaded immediately after I copy an mkv file into the monitored folder? If that's the case, is there any way to make this happen real-time instead of once an hour? I would prefer to see the update immediately to see if images and other data are available instead of waiting an hour to find out each time.

Also, is there a way to get the background images to be included in the same folder as the movie just like the rest of the images?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you tell me where you saw only once per hour? This is not the case l am not aware of any limit other than actor data that is point related.it should be pretty instant within a minute or two of copying the file is how quick I see them get added. As long as the tray icon is running.

The backdrops get downloaded as part of my code and I was told by mymovies devs the backdrops should get moved automatically from my download to the folders if this isn't happening say overnight let men know as that is what I was told about their API.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi PluckyHD, I'll have to answer your last question a little later because I honestly cant remember how I get that message to show up. Maybe I wasnt reading it right.

I can definitely say that I'm having to double-click the My Movies tray Icon and click on the drop down menu WebService and select "Update All Content" in order to download the covers for the new movies I added to my monitored folder in their respective movie sub-directories. However, I do see a "movie-title.dvdid.xml" & "mymovies.xml" files get created almost immediately after adding the movie-title.mkv file. After clicking on the "Update All Content" menu item, I also see some movie covers picked up from movie files that have been there since before I installed My Movies... it will actually show the covers of these older movies on the screen after the scan. Finally, it will start updating all actors.

I wasnt 100% sure if this behavior until I tried My Movies for several days... adding movies pretty much daily. If I dont manually do an "update all content", the movie folders will never get the cover images populated. I will even reboot my machine just in case that might help, but it doesnt make a difference.

Can you think of why the two my movies XML files get added right away in the movie folder.. but the covers dont unless I manually do a "Update All Content"? All my settings are at the defaults except for adding a single folder to monitor and Setting Operating Type to "Strict" and Operating Location to "Collection Management" per the suggestion in this thread.

Maybe there's a debug log I can send that would show you what exactly happens.. or doesnt happen when it should?

I honestly wouldnt bother you unless I was positive there's someting definitely wrong; and it's very consistent.

Im really hoping we can figure this out. I really love this addon.. in fact, so much, that I've been dealing with manually scanning pretty regularly.

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I haven't found the collection manager to be very hands off. Your case sounds pretty much like mine. The folder monitoring never detects new entries unless the CM GUI is launched which is a pain remotely.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:53 AM
SageTVaholic

You two need to be posting in the mymovies.dk forums ad I have never seen this issue mymovies always adds me new rips and I never open it. You need to post you collection manager logs over there as I suspect there is something wrong with your configuration. However I did not and do not code the collection manager so I cant offer any help other than what I know mine and others do.

Rems have you not reported to them on their forums for help? I have explained yours is not working or setup correctly.

Also why would you remote in when you can just install the mymovies client on the pc you want access to?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Yeah, I haven't found the collection manager to be very hands off. Your case sounds pretty much like mine. The folder monitoring never detects new entries unless the CM GUI is launched which is a pain remotely.
also iirc there is an option for what process you want the folder monitoring to run in... you can run it in the mymovies tray process or in the GUI process or as part of the service (again all going from memory)... so with the right option you won't need to launch the CM GUI for folder monitoring to work
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

Plucky I'm not saying you have anything to do with CM. I understand that. I just wanted mkanet to know he's not the only one experiencing this. I have posted over there and haven't heard a response. I haven't kept on top of it either... I never installed the client because I have always thought that it was supposed to be hands off and that if I add a rip to the watched folder viola it would get ingested by CM. I try to keep my laptop running lean. Maybe I should just install the client. So far remoting into the server has worked fine to be able to launch the CM GUI.

Razrsharpe, I will have to look into the options you mentioned. I have looked up and down trying to find such options in CM and maybe thats all it is...
Old 09-10-2010, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Plucky I'm not saying you have anything to do with CM. I understand that. I just wanted mkanet to know he's not the only one experiencing this. I have posted over there and haven't heard a response. I haven't kept on top of it either... I never installed the client because I have always thought that it was supposed to be hands off and that if I add a rip to the watched folder viola it would get ingested by CM. I try to keep my laptop running lean. Maybe I should just install the client. So far remoting into the server has worked fine to be able to launch the CM GUI.

Razrsharpe, I will have to look into the options you mentioned. I have looked up and down trying to find such options in CM and maybe thats all it is...
Are you ripping from the client or server? If you are ripping from the client I definitely recommend running the client that may be your issue as well.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
from the CM GUI... Tools -> Options -> Folder Monitoring -> Operating Location -> My Movies Tray Application.

(and obviously the Operating Type needs to be set to something other then disabled)

I thought there was also an option to just run as part of the service but it appears not... the tray app should work for your purposes though
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Are you ripping from the client or server? If you are ripping from the client I definitely recommend running the client that may be your issue as well.
I would think regardless of ripping from their client, folder monitoring should detect any new titles placed in the watched folders. When I've used their ripping mechanism which rips the entire disc... It works fine. I prefer to use dvdshrink/anydvd and grab only the main title and place them in the watched folders. Am I mistaken when I think that folder monitoring should still grab a rip produced outside their client ripping mechanism?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I would think regardless of ripping from their client, folder monitoring should detect any new titles placed in the watched folders. When I've used their ripping mechanism which rips the entire disc... It works fine. I prefer to use dvdshrink/anydvd and grab only the main title and place them in the watched folders. Am I mistaken when I think that folder monitoring should still grab a rip produced outside their client ripping mechanism?
I would think it should but I know I run it on my client that I rip from in the tray icon as well as rip using dvdshrink or anydvd.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Am I mistaken when I think that folder monitoring should still grab a rip produced outside their client ripping mechanism?
no youre not mistaken... it will grab a rip produced outside their client. I havent tried it recently but there was a bug at one point when ripping blurays that the movie would be detected early (ie before the ripping was completed) and the CM would not pick the correct directory... it would pick some sub directory or the parent movie directory... This was in 3.12? i believe and I haven't checked if this is still the case in one of the more recent builds.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 09-10-2010, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
no youre not mistaken... it will grab a rip produced outside their client. I havent tried it recently but there was a bug at one point when ripping blurays that the movie would be detected early (ie before the ripping was completed) and the CM would not pick the correct directory... it would pick some sub directory or the parent movie directory... This was in 3.12? i believe and I haven't checked if this is still the case in one of the more recent builds.
I haven't had that issue thankfully in recent builds.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks PluckyHD, I will post there if it comes down to it. I have a suspicion.. One thing that I noticed that might be a clue.... I keep all my SageTV imported movies movies in the CM monitored folder; including original ripped DVD/Bluray movies that have multiple files and folders (BDMV, CERTIFICATE, VOBs, MT2S's, etc). Sometimes when I open up CM, I get the error message over and over again about these ripped movie folders that they contain 10 or more files. I've been pressing the "OK" prompt multiple times to get passed this... thinking CM should probably at least realize there's a chance someone might have some original ripped DVD/Bluray folders; at least temporarily.. and just give a benign warning message.

I'll experiment by moving the Movies\Disc rips\* folder and the respective original disc rips out of the CM monitored folder to see if this prevents CM from working correctly.

Quote:
You two need to be posting in the mymovies.dk forums ad I have never seen this issue mymovies always adds me new rips and I never open it. You need to post you collection manager logs over there as I suspect there is something wrong with your configuration. However I did not and do not code the collection manager so I cant offer any help other than what I know mine and others do.

Rems have you not reported to them on their forums for help? I have explained yours is not working or setup correctly.

Also why would you remote in when you can just install the mymovies client on the pc you want access to?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Thanks PluckyHD, I will post there if it comes down to it. I have a suspicion.. One thing that I noticed that might be a clue.... I keep all my SageTV imported movies movies in the CM monitored folder; including original ripped DVD/Bluray movies that have multiple files and folders (BDMV, CERTIFICATE, VOBs, MT2S's, etc). Sometimes when I open up CM, I get the error message over and over again about these ripped movie folders that they contain 10 or more files. I've been pressing the "OK" prompt multiple times to get passed this... thinking CM should probably at least realize there's a chance someone might have some original ripped DVD/Bluray folders; at least temporarily.. and just give a benign warning message.

I'll experiment by moving the Movies\Disc rips\* folder and the respective original disc rips out of the CM monitored folder to see if this prevents CM from working correctly.
No that shouldn't matter all my rips are native blue ray and dvd and I don't see that prompt.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

There seems to be something really weird going on. I dont know if it's coincidence or not, but after I moved the original ripped disc folders out of the CM monitored folder, when I added a new folder with an MKV file, this time, it automatically put the respective correct folder.jpg, mymovies-back.jpg, and mymovies-front.jpg outside that folder (one level higher in directory structure); and, also correctly puts the movietitle.dvdid.xml and mymovies.xml in the movie folder where it belongs. Now, in CM, I see two titles listed now for this movie.. one with the exact folder name I gave it which includes the MKV movie file with a red incomplete icon on the left and the other entry has the official movie title it pulled down from the online database and has a green icon.

I've only tried one movie, but it seems that it now it at least automatically downloads the movie cover artwork, just in the wrong folder.. Luckily, there are probably a lot of people who use CM (not just sageTV users), so maybe someone has seen this kind of odd behavior before.

Quote:
No that shouldn't matter all my rips are native blue ray and dvd and I don't see that prompt.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-10-2010, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you double check on the auto monitoring options that it is set to use the tray icon and not the collection manager? That was rems problem and his is working as it should now.

But yes there are over 100k registered users
On mymovies.

But native DVD and blu ray structure works no reason to move those out.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I've been running CM in tray icon mode. Do you know if its possible to initiate an "Update All Content" from command line? I have a pretty good directory monitoring tool which I could use forcibly automate this process until I can figure out how to make CM to work correctly.

What puzzles me is there arent a whole lot of user configurable options to cause CM to do weird things like this.. All I did was select folder to be monitored, select strict (or loose) in tray icon mode.

Quote:
Did you double check on the auto monitoring options that it is set to use the tray icon and not the collection manager? That was rems problem and his is working as it should now.

But yes there are over 100k registered users
On mymovies.

But native DVD and blu ray structure works no reason to move those out.

***RIP SageTV***