SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Sage User

v7.0.14 won't run on XP sp3 with system clock appears to have been set back message

Your system clock appears to have been set back... If your clock is correct please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code 2780,36595,4237)

I have sageTV v6 running perfectly on XP HOME sp3 system. Made a copy of the sagetv directory and installed v7.0.14 into same directory. Install ended normally. But on start up of v7 I got the above message. Have attempted to set clock forward as in other posts but no joy.

Unable to get any further as message appears in dialog box with OK button on pressing button program ends.

Have latest java from windows auto update and all windows updates for sp3.

Have been a sagetv user for some time so would really like to try out this new version.

Kind regards
Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Someone had a similar problem described in this thread.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49801
Old 08-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilt down man View Post
Your system clock appears to have been set back... If your clock is correct please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code 2780,36595,4237)

I have sageTV v6 running perfectly on XP HOME sp3 system. Made a copy of the sagetv directory and installed v7.0.14 into same directory. Install ended normally. But on start up of v7 I got the above message. Have attempted to set clock forward as in other posts but no joy.

Unable to get any further as message appears in dialog box with OK button on pressing button program ends.

Have latest java from windows auto update and all windows updates for sp3.

Have been a sagetv user for some time so would really like to try out this new version.

Kind regards
I had the same problem right after upgrading, I'm running Win7... The fix for me was to use the command prompt and 'run as administrator'.

Sage does have a fix for this, but you need to log a support ticket. If you are logged in as administrator and set the date ahead several years, I don't believe there is much else you can do other than contact support.

Larry
Old 08-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Sage User

Thanks guys for your quick responses. Great forum.
Since I am still on XP and your responses are relevant to Win 7 I have logged a support request about this. Will know within 72 hrs. Thanks again.