SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

HELP - Error Your System Clock Seems to have been set back

Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code 2852,4237,4157).

My clock is correct, the date is correct - it's set to EST and I use NTP servers to adjust it.

I can't start SageTV and my family will literally kill me. Any suggestions?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I saw a new? setting about having the system time resynced when the guide is downloaded. Maybe you could look in the ini file and see if you see something?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
I saw a new? setting about having the system time resynced when the guide is downloaded. Maybe you could look in the ini file and see if you see something?
I've tried turning of sync clock in the properties file. With no luck, this seems to be licensing related. I have a new keycode but don't remember being prompted for it.

Anyone know where I specify that?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I'm guessing it thinks you're trying to circumvent the trial. If you bought a V7 key, then I don't see why it would care. How about setting your clock far into the future? Then it should trigger a message about the trial being expired, and you could then enter your key
Old 05-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
Well I'm guessing it thinks you're trying to circumvent the trial. If you bought a V7 key, then I don't see why it would care. How about setting your clock far into the future? Then it should trigger a message about the trial being expired, and you could then enter your key
Can you tell I'm tired? That worked like a charm - don't ask me why it didn't prompt for my key during install or upon first run.

Set it to something 2011 and poof, hey trial is up, what's your key!

Enter it and poof, SAGETV 7 enabled!!!

Thanks for the steer in the right direction my friend.