SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-03-2005, 06:04 PM

Your system clock appears to have been set back.....

I just purchased SageTV 4.0, SageTV Client and a USB IR Blaster... when I go to run SageTV, I get the error message below:

Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code CCB-F).

I had a trial version of the software a while ago, but it's no longer installed, and finally got around to start building my own DVR... and now I can't use the program at all...

I emailed them about the problem but haven't gotten a response yet. My clock changed an hour last Sunday morning due to Daylight Saving Time.

But I did order the software tonight, and would like to be able to use it tonight too.. so if someone could get back to me via email, tonight, with instructions on how to make this error message go away.. it would be nice.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:16 AM
Sage Icon

Did you personally change the PC clock, or did Windows change it?

I have Windows set up to automatically change the clock when Daylight Savings starts/ends and mine works fine. If you set it manually, maybe that's why you're seeing this? Can anyone verify what happens if you don't have Windows automatically adjusting for Daylight Savings?
Old 11-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Sage Icon

I would contact support directly as you may get a response quicker since this is technically only a user to user forum.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Sage User

One thought...

I work for a s/w company and we use some licensing technology that looks at certain system files (I don't know which) to see if they have dates too far in the future (I don't know what too far means in our case, perhaps >2 weeks?). If these future files are found, it figures you set your clock back to fool the s/w into not expiring.

The solution is to search for files with dates more than <some time> in the future and grab a file utility like "touch.exe" to reset their timestamps.

Sometimes there are dates that are in 2046 or whatever and that will definitely raise the red flag.

This may not apply to you since it might be remnants of the trial version that are complaining about dates, but you never know.

Tom