SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the

Decided to upgrade to V7 today.... Had a working V6.6 with an upgrade key and purchased the V7 upgrade key. Installed the latest V7 beta, all seemed to install OK until I started the program. Error message is:

Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program.

I saw the previous posts with the same message, so I tried setting the system clock a year ahead to force it to ask for the key, and tried "sagetv -REGISTER" with the same popup error message. Same results after stopping/starting the service and rebooting.

I installed the beta by 'right clicking' on the package and selected 'run as administrator'.

Any ideas?

Larry
Old 07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Sage

Submit a support request and we'll send you what you need to fix this.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Fixed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Submit a support request and we'll send you what you need to fix this.
Got it working.... Nothing would fix it until I ran CMD as an administrator and did the sagetv -REGISTER (under Win7, type cmd in the start menu, right click on the cmd, select run as administrator). Entered my key and I'm set!

Would it be helpful to Sage if I still submitted a support request with configuration info? I have no idea what triggered this in the first place.

Larry
Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Sage

No need to submit any info.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Sage User

cmd.exe
cd c:\program files\sagetv
sagetv REGISTER (no dash!!)

enter serial key for sage
Worked for me!