SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: Install Disk Usage

Install Disk Usage v1.00 for SageTV 7. This plugin displays a small bargraph in the header indicating how much space is left on the drive where SageTV is installed.

To configure go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Customize and look for "Install Disk Usage" near the end of the list.

I have Sage installed on a small Hard Drive and several times the drive has unexpectedly filled up with large log files, fanart, and operating system leftovers. This STVi allows you to immediately see how full the install drive is and can optionally display System Messages if the usage exceeds user defined thresholds.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

This will also help SageTV users that run Sage on a WHS. WHS uses a 20GB OS drive and after Playon or scaling your Fanart and /or thumbnails sometimes there is not a lot of disk space left. This will definitely help keep an eye on that.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Glad you find it useful. I have not tested it on WHS so please let me know if you find any errors.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.01

Version 1.01 now available in the repository. Fixed an attribute initialization error that caused an error message in the logfile.

Tom

Old 08-07-2010, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Just wanted to add thanks from another WHS user.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Just wanted to add thanks from another WHS user.
You're welcome.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Would it be possible to expand the functionality so it shows how much space is available on other drives as well? I would like to use this to give me an idea of how much space I have available in my recording directories.

Mitch
Old 08-07-2010, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Mitch,

It's certainly possible but I'm not sure how to present the information in the screen header so it makes sense. There's not much room to work with and I'm not sure how I'd be able to clearly show which bar corresponded to which drive.

I personally like the disk usage bar that's now at the bottom of the menu if you are using the malore menus. That not only shows you how much space is left, but it also tells you how much will be used in the next two days based on your recording schedule.

I think there is an import available for the default menu's as well, but I'm not sure. I'd be more inclined to port the malore bar over to the default STV if it's not already available.

Tom

Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah i don't care for the malore bar. I like your little bar. I don't think it has to be any too fancy. I'm just thinking of something where I get to provide a list of one or drives and the plugin simply adds up all the used space and divides that by the drives' total space and colors the bar accordingly.

Mitch
Old 08-07-2010, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

How do you propose the bars get labeled so you know which disk is which? (Assuming you have more than 1 drive you use for recordings.)

Old 08-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm thinking more of just having a single bar that just represents all the drives I identify.
The real feature being that I can specify any(?) number of drives for the bar to represent as a whole.
I'm just looking for a simple, gross indicator of space.

That said, maybe it makes sense to offer two bars - one is "SageTV Home" and the other is "Recordings" or something like that.

Mitch
Old 10-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

I like how simple it is. The problem for me is that the drive where Sage is installed does not have much meaning since that drive is just the OS and installed programs. I would prefer the meter to monitor the value/directories that I have identified for recording space. The System Information calculates two values: video (which I am assuming is recorded TV) and library (which I assume is everything else). Having your bar represent the video calculations (if my assumptions are correct) would be GREAT.

Another thought, you might overlay an orange bar (or color chosen in your configuration) to represent upcoming shows. The number of days into the future could be in your config too.

Yet another thought, displaying the disk drive icon does not add value. The greatness of this plugin is the simple bar which gives the story of upcoming recordings and the comfort there is enough space left to get the job doe in one simple stacked bar.
HD-300, dang it, too late

Last edited by MalibuDave42; 10-14-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Dave,

There are other plugins that already do what you are looking for. Personally, I use the "secret" malore menus but there are other ways to see graphically how much space is remaining on your recording drives.

The purpose of this plugin was specifically to monitor the usage on the drive Sage is installed on because there are no other plugins (that I know of) that do the same thing. Some plugins, and even Sage itself, leave log files and temp files laying about which eventually can use up quite a bit of disk space.

As for the drive icon, I only put that in to distinguish the bar from the bar used by the CPU Meter and the Java Heap Monitor.

Tom

Old 10-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

I keep hearing about the Malore menus here, but do not know enough about them to yet. Thanks for the tip on that.

WRT to your plugin -- After re-reading your original posting, I can clearly see your intended usage is written there. Though without knowledge of secret Malore, disk usage seemed like a missing feature.

Thanks a lot for your response. And, continued great work extending Sage
HD-300, dang it, too late
Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Version 1.10 is available. It now uses the new STV hook that allows multiple Plugins to add icons to the header.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Version 1.10 is available. It now uses the new STV hook that allows multiple Plugins to add icons to the header.
Hello,

I'm fairly new to SageTV, I'm a previous BeyondTV user, and I'm still getting familiar with SageTV. I'm using your plugins Java Heap Monitor and Install Disk Usage on my SageTV Clients, but it shows as "Not Compatible" on my SageTV server.

My SageTV version is 7.0.23.246, and my SageTV7.xml version is 7.0.23.0 on both the server and clients. Java is up to date.

Any ideas why I can install it on the clients but not the server computer? Your suggestions on what could be wrong, or what I'm missing, are appreciated.

Carey
Old 12-24-2010, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

The plugin depends on the latest STV update.

Go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced and look for "Check for STV Update". You will need to have version 2010120101.

Tom

Old 12-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
The plugin depends on the latest STV update.

Go to Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced and look for "Check for STV Update". You will need to have version 2010120101.

Tom
Thank you Tom, that's exactly what I missed on this machine. I must of over looked it on that computer when there were several updates and then cleared the "Messages" area.

Happy Holidays!

Carey
Old 11-21-2015, 05:24 AM
SageTVaholic

EOL?

Is anybody using this PlugIn? If not I will EOL it instead of migrating it from Google Code to GitHub.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Sage Expert

I am still using it!
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.