SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

I add a favorite, but Sage will not record it!

I installed the latest Sage to my WHS machine, and the interface comes up fine, and if I tell it to record a show, it does, and playback is fine....

but I added a show as a favorite. And even though I've told it to record all new and repeat shows, it will not setup anything to be recorded. I still have to go in and select the show in the EPG and create a manual recording. If I look at "Upcoming recordings", it is perpetually empty.

I've also noticed that the EPG only populates about a day in advance. When I try to look at tuesday's EPG, it all says NoData. That seems a tad limiting to me, so that is probably also an issue.

I'm using HD Fusion5 lite tuner card, and I can post the other specs...but like I said, recording and playback are just fine...it's the scheduling that seems to not be working for me.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Administrator

There's a FAQ about why Favs might not be in the schedule & the same info is also covered in chapter 3 of the PDF manual, under the recording schedule section.

The lack of extended EPG data probably means that the stations are not mapped to the correct Zap2it stations, so it is is only getting listings from the broadcast feed, which often only covers the next day or so when it is available at all. You should check out the Channel Setup section of the PDF manual (& related menus) where it covers remapping channels for digital tuners.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Interesting...it appears it won't record it because it thinks it has already been watched. The description of it is very generic, so it probably thinks this show (general hospital) is the same as all of the other GH shows. I'd guess this is the same issue as the lack of EPG data into the future. So I'll attempt to fix THAT problem in the hopes it fixes this other problem.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I've followed the pdf info and all of the FAQ stuff I could find, and Im still stumped.

I would guess the problem is indeed that zap2it cannot figure out what channels these are, as none of my channels have an ID of greater than 10 even, let alone 10k.

I've followed the instructions for remapping, specifically remapping the station...but when I try to do that, there are no stations listed there that are any different than what I'm already seeing. In other words, there are no zap2it station names available for me to remap to, as evidenced by their station ID's.

So I've now done the instructions for getting the EPG to download again. I've enabled logging, but I'm not sure exactly what the error message would look like in there.

I've also gone onto my WHS machine and opened the port in the windows firewall for the EPG server, as indicated in the FAQ.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Administrator

It sounds like you've now looked through the PDF manual's Remap Channel section since you've checked the station IDs. So: when configuring the tuner, did you choose a lineup based on your cable company, local broadcast market, etc? If not, is there another tuner that is already using a Zap2it lineup? If no to both of those, then you'll need to reconfigure the EPG Lineup via the Source Details menu & choose one otherwise there will be no Zap2it stations to remap the channels to.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I chose an OTA lineup, specifically for the Johnstown/Altoona area. Annoyingly, there are 4 listings that all fit that bill....

Johnstown-Altoona - Digital Broadcast
Johnstown-Altoona - Local Broadcast
Johnstown-Altoona-St Colge - Digital Broadcast
Johnstown-Altoona-St Colge - Local Broadcast

I chose the first one. I guess I'll go through and try the others. But it takes some time for the EPG data to decide to download right? So I wonder at what point I'll know if it worked. I guess if I look at the channel setup and they have ID's over 10k!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Success it seems! The 3rd one down finally gives me channels with high ID values!

Oh, and heres the best part. While I'm waiting for the EPG to fill up with data, I happen to click the yellow "i" icon on the screen (never really noticed it before). Inside there are dozens of messages "Warning - The lineup "Johnstown-Altoona - digital broadcast" no longer exists on the EPG server. Updates to this lineup will no longer occur".

*grumble*
Old 04-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, problems aren't yet gone. I woke up this morning, thinking there had been plenty enough time for the new EPG data to download...and all I see are "No Data"'s. I didn't have time to investigate yet, so I just setup a manual recording for the show today.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Administrator

In Channel Setup, do all your channels show station IDs > 10000? If not, you'll still need to do some remapping.

- Andy
Old 04-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, all of the channels *selected* now have ID's greater than 10k. I guess I'm waiting to see now if the guide info updates.

There are several channels found by the tuner that I don't have remapped, but I do not have them selected (enabled), so I assume that means it wont be an issue?

There is one other issue though...a channel I know I do get (23.3) I know I need to remap, but there is no option of what to remap it to. It is shown as a channel name of WWCP-SD, but zap2it shows WATMDT3. However, when I click Remap channel and scroll through all the possibilities...there is no WATMDT3. So where does that value come from? 23.3 is an important channel...basically half of all the channels I actually get!

Last edited by beelzerob; 04-26-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, the data has finally loaded for the 3 channels I have enabled. Woot! It now shows recordings in the future for 2 of the 3 favorites. The 3rd favorite only shows on 23.3, so once I get that channel going I'll be *set*.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Administrator

That one channel is could be OTA-only and thus may be covered in this FAQ:
Some of my channels have no Program Guide data, but other channels do and their data is getting updated. Why do some channels have no data?

- Andy