SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Craig - you've been investigating new options for the past six years or so haven't you
Sad but true...
Old 04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Craig - you've been investigating new options for the past six years or so haven't you
Me too. And that just shows how unique SageTV is. So, Dish Network finally got the VIP922 out and, well, it looks *really* nice as a single-room DVR, that's it. DirecTV has their rumored HMC-30 that looks like it could be *really* cool, but who knows what it'll look like if/when it gets released? I'm not a fan of Comcast and would like to switch, but since I didn't hop on the digital/HD bandwagon earlier, I'm now grandfathered in their unadvertized "Digital Starter" tier. Right now in my eyes, there is nothing that can touch the cost and capabilities of Comcast "Digital Starter" + SageTV + USB-UIRT + OTA HD locals. I really tried to move from Comcast and a provider-supplied DVR, but since I didn't succumb to the offers to switch to digital earlier, it's a better financial position now. I'd really like to get Travel and Discovery and Lifetime and Bravo and Food in HD, (yes, Mr. Mom here), but can't justify the added cost. Apples to apples, satellite is less, but still much more than I'm paying now due to sticking to my guns with "basic cable" before the whole Comcast "digital-only" crap. I'll pay and try new things, but only if it makes sense to do so...
Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage Icon

Has there ever been such a drought? Not that I recall.