SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Once you guys get to know the CM software it will grow on you. I hated it when I started using it because I was used to bmt. It is a whole other animal. You need to monitor the folders just like you do in sage and if your movies are named correctly cm will find all data automatically. If you don't name things correctly you will have to manually add them. Not so bad as you can choose the exact release you have. Also, the automated ripping makes it really easy. It finds the data when you put the movie in your drive and when you rip it to you preferred location it saves it all and adds it to the collection. What is really cool is that you don't have to rip the movies just to have them show up in smm. when you choose an offline movie it asks you to insert the disc.

What I'm looking for is the ability to launch tmt or you preffered player from within smm since mymovies supports this feature.

Basically this software as a whole (smm and cm) will be awesome when it comes out and you guys will love it. There actually may be too many view options. You will annoy the people who use your sagetv system because there are too many ways to customize the views...
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Is it release day yet??

Just wanted to let everyone know still on track/schedule for a end of the month releasing barring anything major coming up in the latest private beta releases.

Here are a couple of eye candies to check out while you wait Also I will be updating the wiki page in the upcoming weeks before release.

Wiki Page

SimiliarTitlesView

GroupView

Have also added a fadeout at the recommendation of a tester after a set amount of time idle on a movie the poster moves and grows to the left and the view fades out slightly as the fanart becomes more visible. The extender even handles this smoothly.

FadeOutView

cheers
Old 07-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Is it release day yet??
If you want we can mark today as a release date.. July the 13th the day that plucky changed our sagetv experience

So far im ready for it.. got mymovies installed with all my collection on it Just waiting (im) patiently for the day

Old 07-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

SSD ?

I was planning to get an SSD to host fanart on my Sage Server in hopes of improving scrolling speed within Sage. I was also going to move the Mymovies database to this drive. My question is, since SMM uses images that are stored in the same folder as the video, would I not see any benefit in adding the SSD within SMM.

Another thing would it make sense to add an SSD to my PC clients as well or just on the server?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbearboy View Post
I was planning to get an SSD to host fanart on my Sage Server in hopes of improving scrolling speed within Sage. I was also going to move the Mymovies database to this drive. My question is, since SMM uses images that are stored in the same folder as the video, would I not see any benefit in adding the SSD within SMM.

Another thing would it make sense to add an SSD to my PC clients as well or just on the server?
It would make more since on the client than the server (client caches all the fanart locally). The backups are stored with the movie folders but the one used are on a share created by mymovies. Either way I don't think you will need a ssd to improve scrolling it is pretty dang fast on clients as is.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
Should mention that contributing can only be done for missing data, and in many cases the movies are 100% contributed by the time you get to it. So it is "easy" to contribute data but whether you even get the chance to is another issue.
This is completely false. Contributing can be done for correcting data as well. That is how I got 95% of my points.

I just went through my movie collection as I was ripping them and corrected any typos or information that did not conform to the contribution guidelines. Almost every title I had needed some type of correction.

A lot of titles have COMPLETELY made up information that people got from websites, etc and is not the information on the dvd. These people are also punished with point removals when you report your corrections.

Then you make a report saying what you changed and the mods will give you the appropriate points.

I think it took me maybe two weeks of doing it here and there to get to 1000 points.

Last edited by medwynd; 07-13-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
This is completely false. Contributing can be done for correcting data as well. That is how I got 95% of my points.

I just went through my movie collection as I was ripping them and corrected any typos or information that did not conform to the contribution guidelines. Almost every title I had needed some type of correction.

A lot of titles have COMPLETELY made up information that people got from websites, etc and is not the information on the dvd. These people are also punished with point removals when you report your corrections.

Then you make a report saying what you changed and the mods will give you the appropriate points.

I think it took me maybe two weeks of doing it here and there to get to 1000 points.
Yes, you are correct, you can correct data. My point is simply although you can accumulate points via contributing/correcting data it does sound easier then it is (or maybe easy isn't the correct word, it can be more time consuming then it would appear)

Blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Plucky

This looks amazing.

So I am finally getting around to setting up MyMovies on my Sage Server and I have one question, which i will immedietly apologize for because it may have been asked.

In Sage I have my NAS setup as \\192.168.x.y\video1\{all my DVD in own folders}

Now in My movies can I simply navigate to the netneighborhood and use that as my import directory?

Reason I ask is because on your wiki it says that the paths MUST match for everything to work correctly. Well in Sage I have the ip, and in my movies it will end up being the UNC...

Am i ok or do i need to change Sage to be UNC?

~Pix64
Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Am i ok or do i need to change Sage to be UNC?
I believe they will both either need to be UNC or IP
Check out TVExplorer
Old 07-14-2010, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
I believe they will both either need to be UNC or IP
Correct you can use UNC in mymovies then you don't have to change sage, but razor is correct they must match and it is case sensitive.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Awesome thanks.

In BMT web ui im not sure what to put for the options:

mymovies cache/index dir = cache/indexMyMovies/

Collection XML = {blank}

Index last modified = {blank}

i installed my movies on the same server as sage with the default install path from the mymovies installer.

:-) maybe im being stupid today but well it happens...doesn't it?!?

~Pix64
Old 07-14-2010, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Awesome thanks.

Collection XML = {blank}

i installed my movies on the same server as sage with the default install path from the mymovies installer.

~Pix64
Those settings won't apply to my addin It doesn't tie in with BMT yet but it will for backgrounds hopefully by the first beta.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

which will be?????

today special for me right now? :-D
Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Awesome thanks.

Collection XML = {blank}

~Pix64
Bear with me here, I'm trying to figure this out as I go along.

I just started using the CM app and like it quite a bit. However since it doesn't handle my imported television shows, I am still using BMT to handle them. I just have my movie import folders excluded in the BMT web UI.

I'm curious to know what type of integration are/will be possible with BMT/My Movies CM/My Movies for SageTV.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulprops77 View Post
Bear with me here, I'm trying to figure this out as I go along.

I just started using the CM app and like it quite a bit. However since it doesn't handle my imported television shows, I am still using BMT to handle them. I just have my movie import folders excluded in the BMT web UI.

I'm curious to know what type of integration are/will be possible with BMT/My Movies CM/My Movies for SageTV.

Thanks,
Chris
MyMovies in it's current state only works for TV if you have ripped dvd's (not single episodes. In it's current state there is no interaction with mymovies or BMT other than pulling backdrop support. Eventually there will be support for native sage metadata (bmt) in the stvi and collection manager would not be needed as you would have a choice. But that is a long ways off to that point.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

I decided a movie showed the similar and autofade out features better....

MyMoviesPreview

First one to guess the song can have the beta this week (already guessed by pix)

(and yes I realize similar is spelled wrong in the ui that is fixed and spelling is not my strong point )
Enjoy!!

Edit
Crap!!! it says July 20,2010 That is suppose to be July 30,2010 errr sorry about that one.

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 07-14-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Very smooth animations, can we expect similar on HD200's?

cheers
-d

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100
Old 07-14-2010, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
Very smooth animations, can we expect similar on HD200's?

cheers
-d
Yup is it a bit slower bit the animation is still smooth.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

MAN!! i can't get to the video im getting a google timeout error from youtube.....i want the beta...its on!

~Pix64
Old 07-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

Is it Ducktails???????

Im pretty sure im way off on that... sadness :-(

Last edited by PiX64; 07-14-2010 at 11:02 AM.