SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm a SMW user so I'm very much looking forward to this!!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

PluckyHD, I appreciate all of the effort that you and so many others have put into development of these types of add-ins!!!

The moviewall view is awesome! I recently left xLobby having enjoyed Naylia's version of it for many years. If I could offer one suggestion, it would be to add a title bar to the top of the wall view. When navigating from movie to movie, it is difficult to quickly read and react to each title as the fonts, colors, and text sizes vary so much between movies...

Also adding a sort criteria for the date the movie was added to the collection would be excellent. I added this criteria to Naylia's version, and it quickly became the #1 sort criteria for all users and guests of my house. We used it so much that it became the default view. Seems everyone is always interested in the newest movies.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15 View Post
PluckyHD, I appreciate all of the effort that you and so many others have put into development of these types of add-ins!!!

The moviewall view is awesome! I recently left xLobby having enjoyed Naylia's version of it for many years. If I could offer one suggestion, it would be to add a title bar to the top of the wall view. When navigating from movie to movie, it is difficult to quickly read and react to each title as the fonts, colors, and text sizes vary so much between movies...

Also adding a sort criteria for the date the movie was added to the collection would be excellent. I added this criteria to Naylia's version, and it quickly became the #1 sort criteria for all users and guests of my house. We used it so much that it became the default view. Seems everyone is always interested in the newest movies.

Thanks!
Thanks and on your suggestions don't worry those are all in there.

As for the wall view the images posted are not the wall that will be uses they meant only to show the cover customizations. The actual wall will have title options an such

the sorting will be pretty diverse as will filtering so you wants are more than covered

cheers
Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know you guys mentioned having trailers but it would be great to intergrate mkanet movie trailer plug in into this or at least have button available for it espcially if he is able to do the automatic movie trailer playback that he is currently working on.
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
I know you guys mentioned having trailers but it would be great to intergrate mkanet movie trailer plug in into this or at least have button available for it espcially if he is able to do the automatic movie trailer playback that he is currently working on.
there is no need as mymovies has built in auto trailer support and playback. If you look at the info screenshot you can see the trailer button
Old 01-12-2010, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

2 questions.

One. Will this plugin be able to launch blu-ray .iso's in something like pdvd or tmt? That way Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA will be handled by HDMI properly.

Second. I'd love it if this plugin could change the frame rate on the fly for people using compatible displays.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Sage User

Will this support the ability to launch a custom command targeting a file?

That way we can mount an ISO, launch a custom player, etc?

Thanks, really looking forward this as a long time WMC user whos moved to sage!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

I didn't see this specifically answered - does each movie need to be in its own folder? Is this the case for both DVD/BR rips as well as recorded TV shows/movies - i.e. movies that I record from HBO that are in one big .ts or .mpg file rather than in a VIDEO_TS folder?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhisker View Post
Will this support the ability to launch a custom command targeting a file?

That way we can mount an ISO, launch a custom player, etc?

Thanks, really looking forward this as a long time WMC user whos moved to sage!
Does Sage natively support that? If so then yes I can support it will just have to figure out how to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
2 questions.

One. Will this plugin be able to launch blu-ray .iso's in something like pdvd or tmt? That way Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA will be handled by HDMI properly.

Second. I'd love it if this plugin could change the frame rate on the fly for people using compatible displays.
Same as above if sage natively can support that then I can.

Change framerate on the fly? could you give me more details.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I didn't see this specifically answered - does each movie need to be in its own folder? Is this the case for both DVD/BR rips as well as recorded TV shows/movies - i.e. movies that I record from HBO that are in one big .ts or .mpg file rather than in a VIDEO_TS folder?
Yes MyMovies is folder dependent. Video_ts folder does not matter as long as each movies is in it's own folder.

Dbone posted back at the first and easy app to move them to folders if not already.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Guys before this request/want list gets overwhelming long please post your request/wants here on this google page so I can make sure I don't forget any of them.

request

Please be sure and preference them with "MyMoviesRequest" so I will no they apply to my movies and not SMW.

Also it will help you keep track of what I have accepted as a feature or not.

Please be as descriptive as you can. For instance those above that want something launched explain how you do it already and sage and what you expect this port to do.

Any request can be posted here be it UI or Function.

Cheers

Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Change framerate on the fly? could you give me more details.
If i understand correct, he's talking about switching to 1080p24 (from 1080p60) without having to do anything. Sage does not support this right now. The "Native Output Resolution Switching" needs to be replaced by something more intelligent. I plan on combining a couple of my other stvi's (Display output resolution on timebar, and Video Output Popup Menu) and add this functionality at some point... i just keep getting distracted

Basically the functionality i am looking to add will allow you set up rules (vert resolution, horiz resolution, and framerate) and do the switching when playback starts...
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-12-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Correct codec support will be limited to hd100 (don't know if it supports blu ray or not)

but it will work on the hd100 and h200. I am also limiting animations to a min to not make it to flashy and keep with the clean look/feel this will also help performance on both the hd100 and hd200.
Sad to admit it, but since I'm still SD is there any chance this might work with the MVP's? I don't have a need to replace it until my current TV dies and I can justify the switch to the HD200.

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGPfan View Post
Sad to admit it, but since I'm still SD is there any chance this might work with the MVP's? I don't have a need to replace it until my current TV dies and I can justify the switch to the HD200.

-PGPfan
I don't know why not if you turn animations off I don't see why it wouldn't. I still have a mvp sitting around here some where once testing begins I will fire it up and give it a go.

Mind logging a request for me to test on the mvp so I don't forget
Old 01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
If i understand correct, he's talking about switching to 1080p24 (from 1080p60) without having to do anything. Sage does not support this right now. The "Native Output Resolution Switching" needs to be replaced by something more intelligent. I plan on combining a couple of my other stvi's (Display output resolution on timebar, and Video Output Popup Menu) and add this functionality at some point... i just keep getting distracted

Basically the functionality i am looking to add will allow you set up rules (vert resolution, horiz resolution, and framerate) and do the switching when playback starts...
This is what I'm after. I'm not sure how many of us would want this functionality, but I'd love it.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

So day 1 of the renewed My Movies experiment. Installed the Add-In and got everything up and running without a hitch. Last night in the middle of watching The Good Wife right before bed, the server shut down and I couldn't access it for 15 minutes and gave up to go to sleep. At first I was thinking "here we go again", but this morning it was responsive again and I suspect that it was due to an Automatic Update that triggered a restart. I'll see what happens tonight when my wife will decide if I'm The Bad Husband.

While I was reading through the website, the different views available in WMC are part of the points system. I'm assuming that you're building the different views into the STV and we don't have to spend points on them, correct? Then the only thing we would need to cash in points for are the backdrops, or are we able to pull them from the Fanart folders?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
So day 1 of the renewed My Movies experiment. Installed the Add-In and got everything up and running without a hitch. Last night in the middle of watching The Good Wife right before bed, the server shut down and I couldn't access it for 15 minutes and gave up to go to sleep. At first I was thinking "here we go again", but this morning it was responsive again and I suspect that it was due to an Automatic Update that triggered a restart. I'll see what happens tonight when my wife will decide if I'm The Bad Husband.

While I was reading through the website, the different views available in WMC are part of the points system. I'm assuming that you're building the different views into the STV and we don't have to spend points on them, correct? Then the only thing we would need to cash in points for are the backdrops, or are we able to pull them from the Fanart folders?
Glad to hear it went good I doubt the restart was mymovies related although it does restart on install...

You are correct in all the view will be free as that is my coding and not his so there is no price structure there. The point structure has yet to be decided on what he is going to expect from sage users I will post those details once he decides them. (again this has nothing to do with me as I am not making any money nor do I want to).

Also remember you can donate/contribute titles to get point also instead of having to pay.

The backdrops can be converted from the fanart structure of BMT I am still working that out as MyMovies is a single backdrop program (my prefered way anyhow) so I am going to have to come up with some sort of way to let you pick which backdrops from bmt structure you want to convert.

cheers
Old 01-13-2010, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey PLUCKY something to consider as well... Perhaps you can provide a phoenix implementation for IFanartAPI that supports the MyMovies way of doing fanart. That way, when people install your new plugin, and use My Movies for the metadata source, then their other STVi plugins (smv, tv explorer, sagemc) will still work (as long as the plugins were written using the phoenix fanart api calls).

The Phoenix Fanart sub-system was designed to be a pluggable system, where the default implementation is the folder based fanart layout (ie, what we tend to call the "phoenix fanart" model). There is also an implementation for the legacy SageMC format.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Hey PLUCKY something to consider as well... Perhaps you can provide a phoenix implementation for IFanartAPI that supports the MyMovies way of doing fanart. That way, when people install your new plugin, and use My Movies for the metadata source, then their other STVi plugins (smv, tv explorer, sagemc) will still work (as long as the plugins were written using the phoenix fanart api calls).

The Phoenix Fanart sub-system was designed to be a pluggable system, where the default implementation is the folder based fanart layout (ie, what we tend to call the "phoenix fanart" model). There is also an implementation for the legacy SageMC format.

Sean,

Interesting I will have a look at that for a mymovies implementation. Of course that would only solve the fanart problem not really the metadata problem. Basically if I understand what you are saying just right a plugin where they could use their mymovies backgrounds/fanart posters with other plugins written for phoenix api right?

ps. Sean I took great strides to ensure I don't mess up anything BMT or the phoenix api are doing and that they could coexist side by side without error and this shouldn't be a problem. I didn't want to cause a support nightmare for you on something I did...

cheers
Old 01-13-2010, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Interesting I will have a look at that for a mymovies implementation. Of course that would only solve the fanart problem not really the metadata problem. Basically if I understand what you are saying just right a plugin where they could use their mymovies backgrounds/fanart posters with other plugins written for phoenix api right?
That's right... the IFanartAPI is simply a means to link a media file to a fanart artifact. It would allow existing STVis to access the MyMovies fanart. As for metadata, I would assume that you are going to update the core sagetv (wiz.bin) with whatever metadata that it supports, (ie, similar to bmt and mediaScraper). If not, then perhaps creating an IFanartAPI implementation may be a mule point.

Quote:
ps. Sean I took great strides to ensure I don't mess up anything BMT or the phoenix api are doing and that they could coexist side by side without error and this shouldn't be a problem. I didn't want to cause a support nightmare for you on something I did...
I don't think this will have any impact the workings of bmt or phoenix (unless you start using our java namespaces ). Actually, 4.0 of bmt is probably my last release of bmt (i've said that before), and i'll probably be removing mymovies support, since you'll have that covered (and it means 1 less thing for me to support )