SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Been a while since I showed anything really new and exciting on the screenshot side so I figured why not today.

This is a Poster View meaning it uses movie release posters not covers of movies. (these will be automatically downloaded from mymovies server for you )

Here is the view with the titles on
PosterViewTitles

Here is the view with Title off
PosterViewNoTitles

The transparency of the inactive(unselected) posters is of course adjustable here it is about 75% of the focused posters. The reason for limiting the number of posters on this screen is because they are higher resolution and therefor need to keep it extender friendly. Plus IMHO it makes them very viewable and nice on a TV screen. This view is not 100% done yet but the basics are there.

Also can't take full credit for this view as I stole the idea from another ui out there And My picky man Ben helped me sort out a couple of things

Hope you enjoy
I'm liking the one without the titles. Nice job. Are we going to be able to choose how many display on the screen like we can with SMW?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I'm liking the one without the titles. Nice job. Are we going to be able to choose how many display on the screen like we can with SMW?
Not as detailed as SMW on the colums and rows and on this particular view that is the only option not adjustable (due to the size and nature of the posters).

The reason they are not fully adjustable was many people prefered I stay as close to the original aspect ratio as possible so there are adjustments in that area but they are limited. For instance on the man wall you have about 4 different options on rows/columns and those adjust with scrolling (vertical/horiztonal) so all in all there a 8 different looks if you will.

But don't worry I actually had Ben (ortus) tell me I had too many options for customization
Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage User

Hi Plucky

I see there has been no activity on this thread for the last 10 days, are u still planning on a release soon?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2010, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Hi Plucky

I see there has been no activity on this thread for the last 10 days, are u still planning on a release soon?

Thanks
Sure just depends on your definition of soon....
Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

in comparison to June?
in comparison to 2011?
in comparioson to the impending Mayan apocolypse in 2012?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 04-30-2010, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
in comparison to June?
in comparison to 2011?
in comparioson to the impending Mayan apocolypse in 2012?
In there somewhere..two of them are off by more than one of them....
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Sage User

Not sure, last eta was end of april Anything close to that?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
last eta was end of april
ETA's around here should be taken with a fairly large grain of salt... The way these types of projects usually go is that they end up being A LOT more work then you originally think they are... so when someone gives an ETA it's certainly not something written in stone but more like the tea leaves of wishful thinking....

I can tell you that plucky has not abandoned this project at all (quite the opposite... i know for a fact that he is working feverishly on it... )
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Sage User

Cool. Just excited for it
Old 05-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thank you for working on this app. This is the one thing that is preventing me from ditiching BTV/WMC and converting to sagetv.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm having problems getting My Movies to write the sage properties file even though I have the box checked in the meta data options. Any idea what voodoo I need to do to get it to write the properties?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
I'm having problems getting My Movies to write the sage properties file even though I have the box checked in the meta data options. Any idea what voodoo I need to do to get it to write the properties?
Not sure but I will find out.

Ps those property files are not needed for this port.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm mostly just hoping to use them for now since I'm getting better data than from BMI.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Not sure but I will find out.

Ps those property files are not needed for this port.
It looks like you have to add it to your collection as a online for a properties file to be written out. I'm still messing with it a little right now because I am still ripping my DVD's but I'll be attacking how to use the my movies data with movie wall once that's done.

I think I can install my movies on WHS, get my collection all imported, then use BMT to import all the stuff from mymovies.xml.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Sage User

I'm coming a bit late to the game on the "My Movies" situation as it relates to SageTV. From what I've gathered trying to get up to speed in the last hour is that the people pushing the envelope in the whole MM scenario are Team Ortus and in particular PluckyHD (being the creator of SageMovieWall, working on MM for SageTV and a Team Ortus team member). There may be many other fine MM type solutions so I am certainly not trying to diss them, as I said, coming late to the game and trying to get my head around it all.

So. Am I right in saying that, _right now_, my best option to get a MM type experience on my HD-100 and HD-200 is by using the _available_ Sage Movie Wall and then waiting for the "My Movies for SageTV" and/or the Team Ortus release?

If my assumption about SMW is correct, is this guide still relevant and/or a good place to start as far as what's need to get started:

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...-released.html

I appreciate any direction you can give me because I'd rather be fiddling with installation/setup/use than spending yet more hours pouring through these forums trying to get up to speed.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It looks like you have to add it to your collection as a online for a properties file to be written out. I'm still messing with it a little right now because I am still ripping my DVD's but I'll be attacking how to use the my movies data with movie wall once that's done.

I think I can install my movies on WHS, get my collection all imported, then use BMT to import all the stuff from mymovies.xml.
Actually if you get the properties file written (yes they have to be online videos) Sage will import those automatically without BMT. just so you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordBB View Post
I'm coming a bit late to the game on the "My Movies" situation as it relates to SageTV. From what I've gathered trying to get up to speed in the last hour is that the people pushing the envelope in the whole MM scenario are Team Ortus and in particular PluckyHD (being the creator of SageMovieWall, working on MM for SageTV and a Team Ortus team member). There may be many other fine MM type solutions so I am certainly not trying to diss them, as I said, coming late to the game and trying to get my head around it all.

So. Am I right in saying that, _right now_, my best option to get a MM type experience on my HD-100 and HD-200 is by using the _available_ Sage Movie Wall and then waiting for the "My Movies for SageTV" and/or the Team Ortus release?

If my assumption about SMW is correct, is this guide still relevant and/or a good place to start as far as what's need to get started:

http://dbone1026.blogspot.com/2009/0...-released.html

I appreciate any direction you can give me because I'd rather be fiddling with installation/setup/use than spending yet more hours pouring through these forums trying to get up to speed.
Yes those instructions are still good. If you plan on using this I would wait personally unless you just want to go through all the time of setting up one way and then another way .

Ortus itself currently won't take advantage of mymovies data. MyMovies plugin however will work in the ortus stv the same as it will all stv's. I have on my list to add mymovies plugin to both ortus and bmt but having gotten that far yet.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Sage User

Quote:
If you plan on using this I would wait personally unless you just want to go through all the time of setting up one way and then another way
This would intricate that My Movies for SageTV release is _very_ imminent because I'm sure you know the "gotta have it now" mind-frame of SageTV users...

Kidding of course but seriously, you're right. I don't want to have the wife get used to the wonderful SMW and then switch out on her next week, and I have waited all this time anyway.

But I'm sure you can understand my enthusiasm having just found SMW. Though I was aware of it, been using SageTV since 2004 after all, so I knew that all the cool kids were doing worth doing, just didn't know it was as awesome as it is, even more so for My Movies for SageTV and what Team Ortus has planned.

If we are talking weeks plural, I may have to give SMW a go.

(I'm a programmer by profession for the last 20 years so please don't think I'm making light of the effort that has gone into SMW or is certainly being poured into MM4STV. I'm currently working on a signup web form that was going to be finished 2 weeks ago. I just can't quit making it more and more awesome [ajax address validation via USPS, in-line validation via jQuery, etc] so I do understand.)
Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Actually if you get the properties file written (yes they have to be online videos) Sage will import those automatically without BMT. just so you know.
But I guess I still need BMT to get fan art and disc covers even though I can get them from My Movies correct? I haven't been able to figure out how to get MM to put the art its grabbing into the right folders for sage to see it without having to manually copy them all over to the correct folders
Old 05-11-2010, 04:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
But I guess I still need BMT to get fan art and disc covers even though I can get them from My Movies correct? I haven't been able to figure out how to get MM to put the art its grabbing into the right folders for sage to see it without having to manually copy them all over to the correct folders
Yeah no easy way to do that yet. The cover will show up as they are just a folder.jpg, but my API will have a plugin option for the Phoenix method and ortus method so my movies data can be used outside of my stvi. However that will not be in the initial release. Since ortus nor phoenix stvs are released yet wasn't high on the list but is on the list none the less.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but are you planning support for tv series or extra information from MM?

It would be nice to be able to see which Season and disc number you are viewing.

Also it would be nice to be able to see the edition name along with the name of the actual movie whenever you are displaying the movie name, or at least have it in the expanded info for the movie.