SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

How do you edit the Station Name and ID

On some of my OTA TV stations I am getting No Data or sparse data. But if I go into Zap2it and check out listings for this channel I can see a full lineup. While in Zap2it I found the station ID number. But I can't figure out how to edit this number or this name? You can't appear to do it in the Remap Channel section.

Do I have to delete the channel and start over? Or is there a way to manage your Station database?

Last edited by wayner; 12-10-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Administrator

It sounds like maybe you figured this out, based on your other EPG question.

The Remap Channel menu is used to remap to a channel/station already in one of the lineups for your tuners. To add a completely new channel that isn't in any lineups already, use Channel Setup's option for: Edit Channel Lineup -> Add Channel to Lineup (p. 164 in the v6.6 PDF manual).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Now how do I delete a channel? The Sage database now has channel name Qubo linked to a channel number that doesn't give me guide data. I want to channel the channel id to a new number that does give guide data but I can't figure out how to do this other than give the channel a name of Qubo2?

Can I go into Sage.properties and delete this somewhere?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

Keep messing with you will figure it out but basically you want to remap the channel to a different logical channel number.

Worst case you can use the last method Andy mentioned and add new channel to lineup and manually setup the channel.

Then simply disable the original channel in the lineup (no green dot next to it).

I would do all this in the default STV as Sage has really made some huge improvements in simplifing this over the years. Now it's a cakewalk compared to how it's been in the past.

I do this alot to add local channels from devices like my DVD changer and CCTV mux.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Now how do I delete a channel?
Please refer to the manual info I posted above since it explains how to remove channels you've added. If it isn't a channel you added, you can't delete it, but you can remap it or add a new channel with the info you want & map to that instead.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

@Opus4 - I have reread the docs but I can't figure out how to delete a Station id and name. I see where to delete and remap a channel but I want to delete station QUBO or reassign QUBO to be station ID 63731 rather than 64284 but I can't figure out how to do it. I apoligize as I may seem to be confusing the terms station and channel at times.

@CollinR-I believe you can only do this in the default STV as SageMC throws you back to the default when you get into the Setup.

The problem is that you don't seem to be able to change the relationship between a station name and a station ID - it appears to be permanently fixed. Therefore I want to delete the station name/ station ID but I can't figure out how to do this.

For example, I have station QUBO with an ID of 64284. I want to change this to ID 63731 but I can't so I created station QUBO2 with ID of 63731.

I then go to add a new channel - when I add station name of QUBO it populates station ID with 64284. If I then change the station ID to 63731 it then changes the station name to QUBO2. Since the channel ID of 64284 doesn't give me any guide data I want to get rid of this completely, but I can't figure out how.

But I presume this is stored in a text file somewhere but it doesn't appear to be in sage.properties. Can I just edit the station info in a text file? Or is it stored in wiz.bin.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

As you discribe does QUBO2 work properly? I think I understand the problem more now, dunno if I can help though.

EDIT:
Why not make the name ION and the station ID 63731?

Last edited by CollinR; 12-12-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Also check out the Add Channel to Lineup menu, in the Channel Setup series of menus. You can use that menu to essentially edit an existing channel.

- Andy
Old 12-12-2009, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Everything does work properly with the station name of Qubo2 but it is the wrong name. I could change it to Ion but that is technically a different station - Qubo is a subchannel of Ion - the Buffalo station has Ion on subchannel 1, Qubo on Subchannel 2, Ionlife on subchannel 3 and Ion Worship on subchannel 4.

Andy - yes you can edit an existing channel but you can't edit an existing station as far as I can tell. As I mentioned above you can set either station name or station ID and the other one will be automtically filled in by Sage if the name or ID already exists.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
As I mentioned above you can set either station name or station ID and the other one will be automtically filled in by Sage if the name or ID already exists.
Right -- and then you should be able to edit the fields afterwards.

I think you said it switches between the two stations you are dealing with when you change a field. So, delete the channel you manually added (ad the manual says: the deletion won't take effect until after the EPG update processes) before trying to change the other one.

- Andy