SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Sage User

What remote works best?

I have just started using SageTV, I'm a long time BTV user. With BTV the remote that came with my Hauppauge 1250 capture card worked almost perfectly. But it does not work so well with STV. Is there something I can do to make it work better (many of the buttons do not do what they did with BTV and some do not function at all) or is there a remote (reasonable in price, not talking about $100 - $200 remote) that works better with STV?

Thanks

Steve
Old 11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I haven't used BTV, so I'm not sure which buttons you'd like to have.

Have you tried remapping buttons in the SageTV setup? You should be able to configure things to work just about any way you like.

I'm a big fan of the Harmony remotes.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

that remote works great in Sage, thats what I use.

I think all you need to do is tweak the irremote.ini file to add in the buttons that don't work, and tweak the others to do what you want it to do.

Look at the Hauppauge remote links in Opus4's sig, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/member.php?u=601 , for more info. I'd help you more, but I now use a USB-UIRT with the remote instead of the Hauppauge IR receiver, so I don't use an irremote.ini anymore.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.