SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-01-2003, 08:57 AM

Thanks for USBUIRT support, my Tivo's remote works!

I love the support for the USBUIRT's IR recieve capabilities. I have been playing around with the SageTV beta and USBUIRT for just a few minutes, and I have already mapped most of my Tivo's Button's to SageTV. It seems to work fine by telling my Tivo and it's remote that I have a second Tivo(I don't). I just leave the Tivo remote set to DVR1, and the Tivo works as normal. If I move the Tivo remote's switch to DVR2 the Tivo does not respond(as desired) and SageTV does respond. It appears that the IR codes for the 1 and 2 positions on the remote are different enough that each position can control both a Tivo and another device without interfering with the each other.

My wife can now use the same remote for both Tivo and SageTV. She now loves SageTV even more. Sorry Jeff, I took the credit as far as she is concerned.

All that's left now is to add support for the USBUIRT's IR transmitting capabilities. Then my wife can retire our horrid digital cable box's remote(I use a universal). I know you are working on full support of the USBUIRT. I just wanted to say thank you for what you've done so far.

PS:For anyone who owns SageTV the USBUIRT would be a great choice for a purchase. Since it has both IR recieve and IR transmit capabilities. It would be much cheaper and easier than purchasing an Actisys(IR transmit) and IRman(IR recieve) for SageTV. Plus it's USB, I hate serial ports. Much thanks to grot, the user who first(to my knowledge) pointed out this device.

Last edited by justme; 07-01-2003 at 09:01 AM.