SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 11-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Sage Icon

HTML and TCP/IP Server Slowdown in Win 7?

I upgraded my server and other PCs to Windows 7 and now have a network slowdown that only occurs when I try to access the Jetty web server or an internal TCP/IP server running on my Sage server PC (all other network access including my Sage extenders is as fast as before). For example, when I try to access the Jetty web server from another PC it takes ~20 seconds to see the login dialog and another 20 seconds to load the content. Note, however, if I access the same web server using the IP address instead of the Windows network machine name it is very fast. This suggests it may be a DNS issue but I don't know where to look. Any ideas what might be causing this?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Sage Icon

I was playing around with the route table in Win 7, and after I put things back the way they were originally, web surfing was ridiculously slow.. like 30-45 seconds to load a page. I was thinking it was possibly a DNS issue. After a reboot, everything is fine.

There's quite a few changes in Win 7 networking. There's the concept of which "network" you are on: home, work, public. There's sharing for home/work and sharing for public. There's firewall for home/work and firewall for public. I'd make sure whatever exe/service/ip address/port is being accessed is allowed on both firewalls and shared on all networks.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming